Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

16 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Does the new Indy Jones movie’s plot being about time travel mean we’re going to get s****y CGI de-aging that looks considerably less authentic than deepfakes done by amateurs

I know they show a de-aged ford in the trailer. Looks pretty good 

6 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Does the new Indy Jones movie’s plot being about time travel mean we’re going to get s****y CGI de-aging that looks considerably less authentic than deepfakes done by amateurs

I hope you are kidding. I hate most anything with time travel that isn't dr who... even soured the MCU for me

https://www.deseret.com/2023/4/10/23677821/lord-of-the-rings-return-of-the-king-re-release-theaters-when

Anyone else gonna spend 4.5 hours in a theatre for this? 🤩

‘The Return of the King’ will show in U.S. theaters on Thursday, April 13 and Wednesday, April 19 at 7 p.m. local time. The film will make its way to Canadian theaters at 7 p.m. local time on Thursday, April 20.

Screenings are set for Regal and Cinemark theaters. To look for tickets, check the Fathom Events website.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adamq said:

https://www.deseret.com/2023/4/10/23677821/lord-of-the-rings-return-of-the-king-re-release-theaters-when

Anyone else gonna spend 4.5 hours in a theatre for this? 🤩

‘The Return of the King’ will show in U.S. theaters on Thursday, April 13 and Wednesday, April 19 at 7 p.m. local time. The film will make its way to Canadian theaters at 7 p.m. local time on Thursday, April 20.

Screenings are set for Regal and Cinemark theaters. To look for tickets, check the Fathom Events website.

I would if it was playing near me 

• Like 1

In an alternate reality where I had time, I would be all over stuff like this RotK extended edition in theaters. Honestly, theaters should do gimmick stuff like this constantly.  They should have each of the extended editions in theaters in successive weekends and do stuff like that all the time.   With as many MCU movies as there are now, i'd do one of those a week for like 30 straight weeks every few years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I went in to the White Men Can’t Jump sequel trailer annoyed they’re remaking something that didn’t need a remake but I actually didn’t hate the trailer. 

It would be better if Wesley and Woody were playing basketball in their 60’s.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2023 at 12:50 PM, August4th said:

I think a good way to start the wire is by watching season 4 1st, than watch seasons 1-3 like a prequel series. it worked for my aunt and uncle. Season 4 1st episode hooks you right in with that classic scene of snoop buying the nail-gun. A lot happens in that episode and it's mostly starting new ground after the aftermath of season 3.

Just finished the series.

My only gripe, the death of Omar was just so anti climactic, thought they could have done more for the shows best character.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Just finished the series.

My only gripe, the death of Omar was just so anti climactic, thought they could have done more for the shows best character.

I used to have the same gripe, but thats why the death was so jarring.   It literally came out of nowhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I used to have the same gripe, but thats why the death was so jarring.   It literally came out of nowhere.

I get the point of what they did, and then the morgue scene, he is just a guy known in several block of Baltimore.

As a fan, should have been a Butch Cassidy ending for him.

Question.  If you have watched Justified, better bad guy, Omar or Boyd Crowder ??

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

I get the point of what they did, and then the morgue scene, he is just a guy known in several block of Baltimore.

As a fan, should have been a Butch Cassidy ending for him.

Question.  If you have watched Justified, better bad guy, Omar or Boyd Crowder ??

Sorry, only watched a few episodes of Justified.   May check it out soon, though.   Like what I saw.