Jump to content

Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread


Acgott
 Share

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Not sure what youre talking about... Deadpool is a staple in X-Force, appearing in the earliest issues in 1991. Cable is also the first ever leader of X-Force. Seems like Fox is following the source material pretty well. 

Yes, I'm quite familiar.  I bought the New Mutants and X-Force v1 issues the very days they came out.  Deadpool had an adversarial relationship with Cable for years. It wasn't until later they made them buddy-buddy.  It wasn't until even later they started putting Deadpool onto teams which was incredibly forced. 

I'm just concerned Fox is going to make the same mistake they made by forcing Mystique on the X-Men.  

Edited by thrILL!
Sp.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Deadpool had an adversarial relationship with Cable for years. It wasn't until later they made them buddy-buddy.  It wasn't until even later they started putting Deadpool onto teams which was incredibly forced. 

I'm just concerned Fox is going to make the same mistake they made by forcing Mystique on the X-Men.

Well with Cable appearing in Deadpool 2, that is likely their adversarial phase. In the much later translation from comics much later to movie much later, the third appearance of Deadpool would make sense for a team up. Besides, they already laid the seeds for him to team with people in his very first outing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Well with Cable appearing in Deadpool 2, that is likely their adversarial phase. In the much later translation from comics much later to movie much later, the third appearance of Deadpool would make sense for a team up. Besides, they already laid the seeds for him to team with people in his very first outing. 

Good call. It will be interesting to see what they do with Cable and whether or not they try to downplay his origin.  I can't see them introducing Madelyn Pryor so maybe he'll be the son of Scott and Jean.  And they still haven't done Cyclops justice.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It will be interesting to see what they do with Cable and whether or not they try to downplay his origin.  I can't see them introducing Madelyn Pryor so maybe he'll be the son of Scott and Jean.  And they still haven't done Cyclops justice.  

Cable's origin is the biggest mystery to me. As if the Fox Xmen timeline is 10 kinds of wonky already, adding another time traveler who is related to two big time characters who have now, I guess, survived past the original dark pheonix event? Which means they won't die in any of these movies either so its fair to say Cable COULD be their son... I think they just don't mention it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I must be late, but when did they decide to reboot this series?? I liked Pearlman's Hellboy, and they aren't that old either. Hmm...

Doesn't seem too long ago. Things are moving quick. Neil Marshall is directing. The cast is getting filled out. David Harbour as Hellboy, Ian McShane, Sasha Lane, Milla Jovovich, and Daniel Dae Kim among those in it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn...Harbour looks straight up sinister in that second one...much more "demonic" looking than Pearlman was...still though I loved the way Pearlman played the character...they definitely got the look right with Harbour but I just don't know if I can see him top (or even match) the way Pearlman played Hellboy.

Do we know if they are keeping the comedic tone of the original movies? I think they'd almost have to do it differently because no one can pull of the witty sarcasm that hellboy had in those movies better than Pearlman did. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...