Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

On 10/10/2017 at 5:45 PM, RamRod said:

Stallone will be directing Creed 2

Not quite sure how I feel about that. IMO, the reason Creed was so good and not just a re-hash of the old Rocky films was because Ryan Coogler was at the helm. If Coogler has no involvement with the second film, my expectations are going to be significantly lower.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 6:19 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

Not quite sure how I feel about that. IMO, the reason Creed was so good and not just a re-hash of the old Rocky films was because Ryan Coogler was at the helm. If Coogler has no involvement with the second film, my expectations are going to be significantly lower.

I think it will be entertaining, even if not as good as the first one.

If Ivan Drago is actually a part of it as rumored, I hope the story revolves around Creed being angry but ultimately learning to forgive Drago, rather than being in some sort of feud with a 60 year old.   -_-

14 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I think it will be entertaining, even if not as good as the first one.

If Ivan Drago is actually a part of it as rumored, I hope the story revolves around Creed being angry but ultimately learning to forgive Drago, rather than being in some sort of feud with a 60 year old.   -_-

You mean, you don't want to see Dolph Lundrgen back in the ring.  I can see it now, this time Drago kills Rocky and then Creed goes to a newly formed USSR under Putin in a revenge match, but boxes so well that Putin has a change of heart and they get annexed as part of the USA!!!!

I actually dig that Fox is venturing into different genre's with their superhero properties, but that New Mutants trailer was just bad. Came off really cliche right down to the "creepy" choir rendition of Pink Floyd's "Another brick in the wall". I hope the 2nd trailer is better because that teaser did nothing for me

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

You mean, you don't want to see Dolph Lundrgen back in the ring.  I can see it now, this time Drago kills Rocky and then Creed goes to a newly formed USSR under Putin in a revenge match, but boxes so well that Putin has a change of heart and they get annexed as part of the USA!!!!

Just saw the new trailer for Thor: Ragnarok. I have never had a previous experience where the first trailer of a movie raise my expectations only to have them  destroy it with another trailer. It looked bad with the cut scenes they included. It looks like alot of bad acting, cheezy lines, and I can only imagine what the story will be now. 

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Just saw the new trailer for Thor: Ragnarok. I have never had a previous experience where the first trailer of a movie raise my expectations only to have them  destroy it with another trailer. It looked bad with the cut scenes they included. It looks like alot of bad acting, cheezy lines, and I can only imagine what the story will be now.

Agreed, the trailer was pretty bad....but I trust Marvel enough to give it a shot.   

I had no intention of seeing it in the theaters, but Ill still check it out whenever it hits Playstation Network.

47 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I didn’t watch most of it, but it seems it is a bunch of tv spots compiled together and not an official trailer.

Either way the early social media reactions have been extremely positive. Full reviews come out this week, 2 weeks before the film releases. A lot of confidence from Marvel 

12 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I didn’t watch most of it, but it seems it is a bunch of tv spots compiled together and not an official trailer.

Either way the early social media reactions have been extremely positive. Full reviews come out this week, 2 weeks before the film releases. A lot of confidence from Marvel 

No those clips at the beginning seem to be from that actual movie. If you can prove I was watching promo gag stuff. I would be very happy. But those scenes were almost cringe worthy.

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No those clips at the beginning seem to be from that actual movie. If you can prove I was watching promo gag stuff. I would be very happy. But those scenes were almost cringe worthy.

Oh it’s definitely multiple clips from the movie, but it’s multiple tv spots combined together.

This movie is going to be more comedic then even some Marvel movies, but the reactions all say it fits together well. It’s much closer to Guardians then Civil War so that definitely won’t fit everyone’s boat for those thst prefer serious movies