Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

15 hours ago, KManX89 said:

A new RoboCop film from Neill Blomkamp that ignores the 2014 abomination (A PG-13 RoboCop movie, WTF?) is a good thing in my eyes, especially if it goes back to being bloody and violent, which this new film reportedly will.

I just hope they use more practical effects with limited CG.   The blood and gore of Robocop 1 puts modern day CG gorefests to shame.  I dont mind a little CG, but I just hope they dont lean on it.

51 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I just hope they use more practical effects with limited CG.   The blood and gore of Robocop 1 puts modern day CG gorefests to shame.  I dont mind a little CG, but I just hope they dont lean on it.

He's at least said that he's absolutely bringing back the original suit.  And I'd expect the blood and gore level to at least meet what Chappie's was - could probably go a step further even since it will somewhat be expected with Robocop.  And we didn't get much CG with relation to the violence (or at least the aftermath of the violence) in Chappie.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

So we have Halloween which served as a direct follow up to Film #1, the new Terminator is following up to Judgment Day, and the new Robocop is supposed to be following up to #1.

All these movies are direct sequels to older films overwriting previous movie sequels. Is this a new trend? Did I miss any?

If they retcon a slew of bad movies, is it necessarily a bad thing if it's a trend.  I'd rather they go this route than endless remakes of the originals.

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

If they retcon a slew of bad movies, is it necessarily a bad thing if it's a trend.  I'd rather they go this route than endless remakes of the originals.

Not saying either way I suppose. I was more curious if there are others in the works? Or if we might see more in the future?

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Not saying either way I suppose. I was more curious if there are others in the works? Or if we might see more in the future?

Ghostbusters...if you consider the 2016 abomination part of the franchise.

I don't know if any others are planned.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Venom definitely ruined that movie...and it was clear he was crammed in.

Sandman and the culmination of the Harry Osbourne store would have been plenty.

If they would've scrapped Venom and the whole arc of Sandman accidentally killing Uncle Ben, the movie would have been fine.

Not sure if anyone else has posted this yet, but...if you are looking for a fun show to watch, try "What We Do In The Shadows".  I think it is on FX.  It feels like The Office, only it is a Vampire Documentary.  First season is done, I think there are like 10-12 half hour episodes.  Pretty darned funny.  Some great cameos towards the end of the season.

My wife and I stumbled into this show and really enjoyed it.

45 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Not sure if anyone else has posted this yet, but...if you are looking for a fun show to watch, try "What We Do In The Shadows".  I think it is on FX.  It feels like The Office, only it is a Vampire Documentary.  First season is done, I think there are like 10-12 half hour episodes.  Pretty darned funny.  Some great cameos towards the end of the season.

My wife and I stumbled into this show and really enjoyed it.

You should check out the movie as well. Once of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Venom definitely ruined that movie...and it was clear he was crammed in.

Sandman and the culmination of the Harry Osbourne store would have been plenty.

If they would've scrapped Venom and the whole arc of Sandman accidentally killing Uncle Ben, the movie would have been fine.

Ugh, I forgot about that.......