FF Advice Thread

TLO

After consulting with Webby, we have decided to create the official FF advice thread. This thread will not only revolve around any relationship advice (akin to the old BTF thread), but can also encompass other life/family/friends/work issues that any of y'all may be experiencing. However, no medical advice (both for mental and physical health) can be given in this thread due to liability concerns, and none of us want to leave the site open to those sorts of issues. 

One of the panel of myself, @mission27, and @BigBillsFan13 will try to answer everybody in this thread, but really, anybody is free to give advice on any issue that they feel knowledgable about. 

Please take this thread seriously. It's not a joke, but rather meant to be carrying on the torch of BTF's threads from the original forum. That being said, have at it! 

7 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Speaking of jobs, I have my first assistant starting Monday, any tips on how to make them think I'm professional for as long as possible? 

Putting on a front will only eventually collapse. Just act the same, if you're getting promoted it's not like that would be a bad thing.

7 hours ago, cddolphin said:

7 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Speaking of jobs, I have my first assistant starting Monday, any tips on how to make them think I'm professional for as long as possible? 

Putting on a front will only eventually collapse. Just act the same, if you're getting promoted it's not like that would be a bad thing.

Yep, if you're being promoted you're obviously doing something right, and your higher ups like they way you do things right now. Don't change that, especially to make someone under you (for lack of a better term) think higher of you. 

8 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

Yep, if you're being promoted you're obviously doing something right, and your higher ups like they way you do things right now. Don't change that, especially to make someone under you (for lack of a better term) think higher of you. 

I'm thinking I should at least shave. Beginning to look like big foot. 

44 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I'm thinking I should at least shave. Beginning to look like big foot. 

Yeah, personal grooming might be a change worthy of note. Bigfoot can show up following the 90 day mark.

17 hours ago, burlow said:

Is it worth calling in sick to work in the hopes of conceiving a child during the solar eclipse?

Depends on your boss, job, etc. I've always felt as if work/life balance is important, so taking a "personal day" was encouraged, so long as you didn't abuse it by trying to take days at the expense of others.

If you got all your stuff done and you're just in a "wait and see" mode for everything else, I don't care if you call in sick from the front nine - I pay you to work, you worked efficiently enough to where the world isn't going to end in the event of you not being there. If you have like 4-5 projects in the air, clients who need stuff done, things rolling into yellow status...and you say "yeah, gonna sit this one out to make a moon baby," then I'd really reconsider whether or not you're an asset that this team needs. 

TL;DR - You're a grown man so do what you want. But you better make sure your stuff is in order before you call out, because if I have to clean up your stuff when you're out playing grab butt, then you're not much of a grown man in my eyes.

On 8/18/2017 at 11:44 AM, burlow said:

Is it worth calling in sick to work in the hopes of conceiving a child during the solar eclipse?

Not to me, but that's because I think the whole eclipse hysteria is overrated. 

If that's how you choose to use your limited sick days, so be it, but like @bucsfan333 said, I like to save those for extra vacation, or you know, when I'm actually sick.

Archived