Bucs @ Bears, 9/30/18, 12 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

MEAT AND F***ING POTATOES.

The match-up to watch is the Bears pass rush vs Tampa's OL. A few years ago, the Bucs' OL was the league's worst. Now, they're respectable. Regardless, this game hinges on if the Bears fierce pass rush can continue to make life easy on the secondary who could be without Prince. Despite Amos, Jackson, and Fuller being a solid group, this Bucs offense is the league's best through 3 weeks, averaging 20 more yards/game (473) than #2 (453). The question going in, for the Bucs, will be whether Winston gets his job back in part because of Fitzpatrick's 3-turnover game last night, or do they still believe in magic?

The second match-up to watch is the Bears passing game vs the Bucs' D. Through the air, Tampa continuously gets torn apart by whoever they play. They share, with Kansas City, last place in the NFL, giving up more than 360 yards per contest to opposing QB's (that's what happens when you keep Conte around and Hargreaves gets hurt). However, they are very good against the run (that's what happens when you have Curry, JPP and McCoy with Vea coming back soon). I'm not too confident in CHI's passing offense yet, but this could be the remedy to getting them on the right track.

Bears 27-26

I think the pass rush is in for a very Big game.. The Buc are a Vertical team that thrives on the deep ball.. However this means Fitzpatrick holds the ball alot longer waiting for the play to develop so the pass rushers will have a chance to get home... When Fitzpatrick is limited to the intermediate pass game he is mistake prone... If Prince is out whoever Tolliver checks on the outside will have to be shaded as the Bucs will attack Tolliver because although his size and potential are intriguing he is a rookie and if you continuously attack rookie corners they are prone to mistakes.

I think the Bucs also have benefited from playing against horrendous defenses thus far... The Saint D ranks 30th, Philly D is 9th(couldn't stay off the field with Wentz out) and Pitt D is 24th.. 

The Bears will be the 1st formidable D Tampa has played..

I am absolutely terrified by how many deep shots that Fitzpatrick takes.

Our secondary without Prince scares me a little. The law of averages says that he is going to hit some of the deep shots.

I am not sure that our offense is prepared to answer back to a couple of deep shots from the Bucs.

That being said our pass rush could kill Fitzpatrick. We have 10x the rushers that the Steelers have and they were crushing him.

I like the fact that the Bucs are on short week here and Beras are playing at home in their first noon game of the year. 

I really do hope the Bucs leave Fitz in there for one more week because I think our defense matches up well with him as long as the pressure continues to get home which it will with this defensive group.

Offense needs to step it up here but their defense can be had on the back end.  Expecting another close one here.

This should be a really close game. We haven't faced an offense of this caliber all year. I think our D will get to Fitz and make him throw a couple of ints but he is def getting a couple TDs on us.

Their pass defense is awful if Mitch wants to have a great game this is it. We have the advantage of them having a short week and us being at home.

I expect us to win this 27-24 coming down to the wire. 

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am absolutely terrified by how many deep shots that Fitzpatrick takes.

Our secondary without Prince scares me a little. The law of averages says that he is going to hit some of the deep shots.

I am not sure that our offense is prepared to answer back to a couple of deep shots from the Bucs.

That being said our pass rush could kill Fitzpatrick. We have 10x the rushers that the Steelers have and they were crushing him.

I am with you, our secondary has not bee good, giving up at least 5 big plays for TD's in 3 games (off the top of my head). I think they have been a bigger problem then Mitch's issues and single handedly lost the game against the Fudgies. 

There is only one major pre-game point in my mind.  Stop Mike Evans and Bears win.  Let him get off for 2 or more long TDs and Bears have good chance of losing.  

Figure it out Belichick style.  Eliminate that player from their game plan and make rest of team beat you.  He is only true mismatch.  

Common Fangio get it done.  

Prince being out really hurts.  Tolliver has talent though probably more than Prince, but he is young and dumb right now and there was a reason he was undrafted.   

Am I the only who hated it every time they sent Bellamy in game for Miller last week?  Send anyone else.  And Kush had a bad game too.  We have to be inching closer to a Daniels sighting.

I don't think they hold TB under 24 the way Bucs are playing and with Prince out.   Bears are going to have score some points to win this game and wishing for defensive points is not a good strategy.  That being said TB may be willing to give you some as Fitz is taking wild chances with ball.   

Here is silver lining, everybody has been scoring big on NO and Pit defense to date so that is less impressive.  Eagles have a stud D, but were playing crappy still with Foles.  If they played Eagles in a couple weeks at home they probably get slaughtered.  Evans is a legit stud, but it's possible TB may be a bit of mirage as an offensive juggernaut.

I was hoping there would be some QB controversy to distract them, but I guess there isn't.  Only ones distracted are us discussing if our QB is a bust 3 games in during an unexpected 2-1 start.

Having read this topic and this topic only, you'd think Amukamara is 100% out for Sunday. Is this the case? I haven't seen Biggs, Hoge, Jahns, etc tweet any info on Prince besides that he missed practice today.

Speaking of which, the only 3 players who missed practice were Prince, Miller and Cooper. DHC was a full participant.

48 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Having read this topic and this topic only, you'd think Amukamara is 100% out for Sunday. Is this the case? I haven't seen Biggs, Hoge, Jahns, etc tweet any info on Prince besides that he missed practice today.

Speaking of which, the only 3 players who missed practice were Prince, Miller and Cooper. DHC was a full participant.

Because a hamstring injury of any type of severity takes more than a week to recover from.  If he left a close game, then it probably isn't nothing. With adrenaline in game he wouldn't even feel minor tightness which takes people out of practice.   He left a game because of pain which means something.  A bad tear can take you out for whole season.  Even a minor pull can be 2 - 4 weeks depending on person.  I am guessing it isn't bad tear because they put him at day to day and a bad tear often requires surgery.   I am guessing from history he is probably out 2 weeks at least and maybe 3 or more.

If you play with a pull too early it will turn into a tear so it is stupid to try it.  

Maybe he left as a precaution though and will be fine.  I doubt it.  

Archived