Week 4 GDT- Eagles @ Titans

FutureIsWhite

2-1 couldn’t feel any better , proud of our boys . 

Eagles @ Titans - week 4 - 1pm 

The Titans defense is for real , our weakness for years has been our secondary and now that we have one guys like Morgan, rak, Casey will finally feed and get the credit they deserve.  The offense as a whole needs to step up, right now there averaging about 13 points a game which if that continues we won’t continue pulling out wins . I think the offense will eventually breakout I just don’t see it this week , however I’m not sure will need to score 20 plus to pull off the win. 

As for the eagles I’m fairly confident we can stop the run , wentz is going to have to beat us which he’s more then Capable of doing but our defense are not the colts . We will get to him more consistently so let’s see how he responds in his second game back . 

Our offense has to breakout sooner or later but I don’t think it’s this week. This is going to be another low scoring game , maybe not last weeks game but it should be 17-14 or something along those lines. This is going to be another game where we need Mariotas legs to win. 

Again were flying under the radar like always which i wouldn’t want any other way , but the lack of credit this team gets is astonishing . Jags fall a few spots in Espn rankings while Titans stay at 20 after beating the 2nd ranked team. No ones going to pick us , no one cares about the Titans but after we beat the defending super bowl champs this week 20 -17 the circus will start to march towards Nashville . 

Mariota 17-29  178 yards 1 td 1 int

4 rushes 32 yards 

Lewis 12 for 64

4 rec 31 yards 

Henry 14 for 42 and 1 td

corey davis  6 rec 71 yards 

This is a game were I can see us statically being embarrassed.  Meaning Wentz throws for 350 or more and multiple WRs with 100 yard receiving, similar to the Houston game.  But I do believe in our defense and their ability stop people.  
I think if a team is trying to pass, they are playing into our strengths.  It is when a team ran the ball with consistency, like Miami (which is still hard to judge due to the circumstances) then we can see our defense off balance.

Eagles can run the ball, but will they? 

I'm interested to see the plan of attack our staff comes up with.  I know it will likely be a repeat of what the Titans aren't good at, what we lack, how the Eagles will do x, y and z. But I do believe we are a different team mentally and talent wise than teams of the past. 

I know that is hard to believe around these parts. Because soon as we play off or have a down moment, people love to refer to past failures.

Would be beautiful to pull this one out to be sitting at 3-1 with Buffalo on the horizon.

A couple things stand out to me about Philly as they currently stand right now:

1) Wentz and what kind of form will he be in? If it’s MVP level Wentz from last year I think we lose, but if it’s week 3 Wentz we have a shot. Like Watson, we get him in his 2nd game back from his ACL tear. He was 255/1/1 with 3 rushes for 10 yards against Indy last week and only managed 20 points. We boast a better defense than the Colts so giving up 20+ this weekend would be a let down in my book. It will be crucial to get Adoree back, especially if Alshon makes his debut this week.

2) Philly’s rushing defense. Through 3 weeks they have the best rushing defense in the league only giving up 61.7 yards per game on 3.4 yards per carry. However, they also have gone up against weak rushing attacks in the Bucs and Colts. Considering Mariota can’t make all the throws as Vrabel already publicly admitted, we’re going to need to ugly the game up again and get the run game going.

3) What do we do about Ertz? Tight Ends seem to be our achilles heel. Personally, I would put the All Pro on him and see if he can slow him down. Our best player in the secondary against their best offensive threat.

As for us, this would be a really good week to get Conklin back. In situations where Marcus is forced to throw, Philly has a very strong group of pass rushers in Long, Bennett, Barnett and Graham to throw at our tackles. Not to mention Cox as well. That’s an equally or perhaps even stronger pass rush than what we faced in Ngakoue, Fowler, Jackson and Campbell last week. It would also be nice if Adoree is able pass protocol and suit up considering how much Philly likes to spread the ball around, unfortunately though I don’t think that’ll be the case. We’re gonna need to ugly it up again like I mentioned earlier, and along with another play by the special teams and the home crowd behind us, I think we’ll have a shot again if those things happen.

Driving to Kansas City this weekend to one of my best buddies places to watch the game. He's a die hard Eagles fan.

One thing I hope we get in check coming into this game is covering RBs. The Eagles have a couple no name guys, as well as Sproles, who can catch the ball out of the backfield. Clement and Smallwood are both viable as well. Last week they combined for 6 receptions for 54 yards (Clement: 3/19/0,  Smallwood: 3/35/0).

Ajayi and Sproles were both out last week, but looks like both Sproles and Ajayi are expected to play this week.

Historically we've struggled with TEs and last week their TEs combined for 12 receptions for 146 yards and a TD (Goedert: 7/73/1, Ertz: 5/73/0). Both Ertz and Goedert are very athletic. We've been staying in the nickel a ton this year, and I think we will do so even if they are in 21 personnel. Logan Ryan should see a lot of Zach Ertz when they're in their base offense. We don't want a LB on one of those TEs. So everyone needs to go ahead and continue to expect the run defense to look lackluster, but hopefully we're eliminating big plays in the run game and able to get off the field on third down.

Spread is Titans +3.5 with the total score at 41.

I think we keep it close early. Whether or not we have a chance will be on Mariota's ability to throw downfield.

20-17 Eagles.

we absolutely can compete and win this game. i feel comfortable that there is a chance we could beat any team on our schedule, which is an awesome feeling to have. having said that, we're not beating the eagles 9-6, lol. really really going to need marcus to bring his A game and to get some actual production out of the offense. i'll be encouraged if we can do that much even in a loss. i'm gonna say 20 - 24, eagles win.

The Titans thing to do is come out and beat the Eagles like 24-16. Get some respect from around the league, get folks in here hyped up for a serious playoff run....and turn around and lose to Buffalo the next week!!!

Like others have said I expect this to be lopsided statistically in favor of the Eagles, but the score to be closer due to FG's vs TD's something like 19-10 for them. 

We just have to weather the storm and get everyone healthy and the offense up and running, which will likely be after the by week. If we can be 3-4 or 4-3 at the bye, the schedule favors us and I think we can make a run.

7 hours ago, FutureIsWhite said:

Jags fall a few spots in Espn rankings while Titans stay at 20 after beating the 2nd ranked team.

Lmao, that had me rolling when I saw it. Jags are 4th in the league now and the Titans are still 20th. Come on now mainstream media, I'm not saying we should be top 10 right now or anything, but you can't tell me the Jags are elite, turn right around and say the Titans are mediocre, and then expect me not to laugh. 

Anyway, the Eagles are obviously a really great team, it'll be interesting to see if we can hang with them. This never ending Mariota injury is such a buzzkill, I'd really like to see how we could match up with these guys with our QB at a full go. Hopefully the coaching staff figures out a way to keep the game close and we can have a shot in the 4th to steal one. 

The Eagles just got by the Colts at home... only put up 20 points against that so-so defense... but we're suddenly going to get blown out?  

Even if this is Wentz' 2nd game, he's going to be rusty. 

Titans got grit... and are home...

Eagles front 7 is their forte... but we just went up against the Texans and Jags who's front 7's are also their fortes. 

And we're probably getting Conklin back (a 60% Conklin is better than what we've had the past 2 weeks at RT)... and Lewan in his 2nd game back from his missed game...

Mariota may not be better... but he definitely isn't worse than he was last week. 

For the record, Mariota went 9/11, 90 yards, 100 rating in the 2nd half this past week. 

Titans 24, Eagles 23

24 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Mariota may not be better... but he definitely isn't worse than he was last week. 

For the record, Mariota went 9/11, 90 yards, 100 rating in the 2nd half this past week. 

Titans 24, Eagles 23

Also, 3 of his 4 first half incompletions were drops (Matthews, Sharpe, Davis), all of which occurred on third down and prevented him from attempting more than 7 passes in the first half. The Davis one you could probably put on Mariota as a little low, but we would still like to see him make the tough catch there. I think the other incompletion in the first half was a throw away with no one open.

Mariota tends to try to push the ball down the field when he's healthy. I think this injury is forcing him to do what he's actually good at, be a distributor in the quick game, it just sucks that we can't go down the field as well. We can't just let them sit on routes all day.

To your point about the Colts, I think they're a better team than people are giving them credit for. They have the GM that was a lot of ours first choice when we hired Robinson and I think he's really brought them some pieces, along with Luck coming back. They have a commanding win over the Redskins (who just beat the Packers) and losses to the 2-1 Bengals and the defending SB champs. 

19 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

My earliest memory of the Titans was beating the Eagles in 2002. So I'm going with Titans 31-Eagles 11.

I think I was at this game ? Was this the game in Philly where we hit five field goals and won like 15-14 on a Big Al Degreco field goal? 

I think it was , anyways I was at that game and they were brutal towards me . Philly fans are no joke, I’ve been to Buff,ten,Gmen,jets,pats, and ravens home games and philly is by far the worst stadium when it comes to the fans . I remember mcnabb scores a td right near my seats I the end zone and we drove down and nailed a last second kick.

Archived