Week 4 GDT- Eagles @ Titans

FutureIsWhite

This from an Eagles poster yesterday:

”We could really use Jernigan. Ngata and co. just don't offer anything on pass downs. Not like Jernigan was a beast in that department either, so yea, hopefully Mailata ends up being good at LT, because we probably need to use our 1st round pick on a DT or DE (Or N'keal harry). Barnett needs to take another step, but he's getting more consistent pressure than the other ends it seems like. Overall, the DL and OL haven't played up to their talent. We're going to be having nail-biters every week until those units get their ish together and Wentz' processing/reaction speed is less rusty. When that all comes together, we will go back to beating teams by 2+ td's.”

A nail-biter bodes well for us. We’ve now won 9 of the last 14 games decided by 1 score or less dating back to last year.

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Another positive thing for us is the Titans havnt lost a game at home since last years home opener I believe so we actually have a good thing going in home games so hopefully that trend continues 

Yea we’re playing really well at home. When I was a season ticket holder a few years ago it was an away game every home game for us . There was so many fans of opposing teams that it just didn’t feel like a home game . 

I wonder if its still like that, I haven’t been back to Nissan stadium in 3 years ? I’m assuming it isn’t because of our win streak but Nashville is filled with non Tennesseans . I will say this , my last year there was mariotas first year and the tide started to turn then .. 

51 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

Yea we’re playing really well at home. When I was a season ticket holder a few years ago it was an away game every home game for us . There was so many fans of opposing teams that it just didn’t feel like a home game . 

I wonder if its still like that, I haven’t been back to Nissan stadium in 3 years ? I’m assuming it isn’t because of our win streak but Nashville is filled with non Tennesseans . I will say this , my last year there was mariotas first year and the tide started to turn then .. 

I was there last year for the Seattle game and there were a lot of Seahawks fans

I live just outside of Boston and I can tell you that a ton of Pats fans are making the trip to Nashville. Even my kids Pop Warner coach is going

Since the start of the 2017 regular season, no NFL QB has led more game winning drives than Marcus Mariota.

@luke_worsham on Twitter

After week one some people wanted to act like Mularkey's offense was the way it was to hide Mariota. As if using multiple TEs, going run-first, and having WRs end up at the same spot in their routes often was a intended plan because Mariota is not capable of leading an offense. No. Mariota dealt with a poorly schemed offense all game long and then bailed him out at the end of games.

36 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I was there last year for the Seattle game and there were a lot of Seahawks fans

I live just outside of Boston and I can tell you that a ton of Pats fans are making the trip to Nashville. Even my kids Pop Warner coach is going

I can believe it , Nashville is deffiently a fun city to visit for a weekend of football .. next time I’ll be back will either be a home playoff game this year or the draft .

i will be sitting 4th row next week in buffalo which I’m stoked about . I’ll be with two Bills fans so I’ll make sure to rep the 615 loud and clear.  

In Mularkey's offense when the run game was stifled, Mariota had to make plays, either in the air on the ground, in order for us to move the ball. There was a lot of pressure placed on him to be the one who made the play.

I would like to see a lot of the play-making removed from him and have him turned into more of a distributor. I know Mularkey encouraged him to push the ball downfield and continually stretch the field to work with the power run, but he continually ignored open check downs to attempt to squeeze a ball in a tight spot.

I would like to see us emphasize the quick game, stretch the field horizontally, get the ball to Lewis and Taylor in the open field, and really just take advantage of what the defense gives him. Only occasionally ask him to be a play-maker, whether it's third down and long and it's needed to keep the drive alive, or if it's first down and the defense is starting to creep up.

Last week we saw how good he was in that distributor role in the 2nd half. Unfortunately, he was injured and couldn't really make a big play through the air so we were missing an element of it.

Losing Walker, I'd like to see Lewis used a lot in the passing game and the TEs used more for chipping and checkdowns.

I love Corey Davis. Not necessarily his receiving production so far, but seeing him block and he's really moving guys around and trying to get them into the dirt all the way to the whistle is so satisfying. I always thought he was a quiet, humble type of guy, but seeing him right back in Ramsey's face and get physical blocking to the whistle is just great. I love that in a player, especially a WR.

It looks like we have made an emphasis to target him and design plays for him.  The results haven't came yet, but I do believe we finally have a #1 WR and I think the coaches do too.

12 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

I can believe it , Nashville is deffiently a fun city to visit for a weekend of football .. next time I’ll be back will either be a home playoff game this year or the draft .

i will be sitting 4th row next week in buffalo which I’m stoked about . I’ll be with two Bills fans so I’ll make sure to rep the 615 loud and clear.  

I just checked my TV guide the Titans Bills Game will be on locally here in Boston.

I really wanted to go back down to Nashville this year but I’ll have to wait till next year maybe.

If I do go next year I’m aiming for the Saints or Bucs game although KC and Mahomes is a hot commodity right now 

4 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Another positive thing for us is the Titans havnt lost a game at home since last years home opener I believe so we actually have a good thing going in home games so hopefully that trend continues 

Forgot we lost to the Rams but just wanted to correct my post but either way Titans have been really good at home.

Titans got jobbed in that Rams Game anyway between the botched onside kick that the refs blew dead for no reason and the Ram player flinching on 4th and short and got no called on that TD

41 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

PK said he see Adoree shooting hoops in the locker room. I’m probably naive and a sap but I think that looks good that Adoree will be a go Sunday 

I think the question is with how Vrabel handled the Lewan concussion, does he have a 1 week minimum rest rule with concussions?

4 hours ago, FutureIsWhite said:

I’ll let you know in a couple weeks when I go down for the Ravens. I’ll have to Raven fans sitting next to me(Dad and Uncle) but I expect to see a good amount a purple in the stands.

Archived