Week 4 GDT- Eagles @ Titans

FutureIsWhite

I'm just so freaking happy. 

I mentioned on the first page that the last time I watched the game with my Eagles fan buddy, Kenny Britt torched them. I kept joking with him before the game that Davis was going to go all Kenny Britt on them and it happened.

Harold Landry is going to be special. So few guys in the NFL have the outside rush that he has. Special. Also, showing off his speed chasing Wentz down quick on that scramble. I was used to years past when we really lacked speed in the front 7 and expected Wentz to get at least 10 and Landry just closed on him fast for basically no gain.

We still haven't been scored on in the first quarter.

Davis' performance is like slapping Rishard Mattews in the face with his ****. Someone tell Paul Kuharsky they didnt need to say anything in the locker room about Matthews. Davis said all they needed to today. 

Ben Jones looked good blocking out in space today on a couple screens. I think we need to out some more power at RG and maybe with that and Spain his strength isn't an issue. He and Kline are both more finesse though.

Mariota is a freaking beast. LaFleur had an amazing game plan. The gameplan today was the complete freaking opposite of anything we've seen all year. We saw two RBs in the backfield at once for the first time this year, and we saw quite a bit of it, and we actually saw quite a bit of empty set.

I grow less enthused with Derrick Henry with each game. It takes him a day and a half to change direction and he really isn't that physical in between the tackles. I think this is his last season as our starter and I think Lewis takes over as the primary back. I could see Henry being traded if there is anyone who wants him in the off-season.

Jurrel Casey has been absolutely dominant all season. Top 3 interior DL this season, no doubt.

Taywan Taylor on 4th and 15 ran a really good route on the sideline. I think he can be a contributor on an offense, but would really like to add another play-maker. Having Walker back makes it less of a need. Is WR a first round pick need next year? I like Hollywood Brown, but he shares some of the same skillset as Taylor. Is there room for two guys with that skillset on an offense?

Losing Woodyard hurt badly. He has been great this year. Evans didn't quite look like he was ready to be out there that much. I expect him to make some plays in the future.

How many injuries can a single team have I mean really?

3-1 FOR THE BOYS

Mariota just has a little bit of a McNair feel. That ability to win ugly, close games. To do it with his feet and put his body out there. To play hurt and still play well. 

He has been so clutch in so many do or die situations for us.

Today just highlights how awful Mike Mularkey was as a head coach. You've got to be a certain kind of stupid to hold Mariota back and he managed to do it. He was Jeff Fisher with Jared Goff bad.

Landry is just so impressive. Obviously the bend is incredible and seeing him blow past one of, if not the, best RT in football with it was so nice. 

But what impressed me more was just his awareness. The play where he recognized Wentz was running, sprinted out and ran him down for a two yard gain when it looked like 15-20. Then the screen. Again. Young, ultra-talented pass rushers are almost always hyper aggressive and do everything to get upfield, seeing him, again, diagnose the play and get lateral to kill the play is so nice in his fourth pro game.

Also, I’m not saying this is the cause of our success, but after Week 1 was such a disaster, I retired my navy C.J. jersey from game day wearing. Pulled out the white VY jersey that had been buried in the closet for at least five years. VY just wins baby.

@deeluxx3 knows what I’m talking about.

Man Talk about a big win.. there has been a few times in the 20 years I’ve watched the Titans where I witnessed greatness and yesterday was one of them . Whatever I’ve said in the past about Mariota and his injuries I’m sorry , he’s our leader, our engine , and  our Qb. Wouldn’t want anyone else with the game on the line then that guy.. 

Game Day thread for week 5 coming Tomorow night/wendsday morning . 

Titan up 

We have seen this from Marcus and the team before I really am a big fan of how hard Marcus plays the game was never in the Henry band wagon he dies some things really really well but I never thought he was versatile enough for a every down back did well in change of pace I also am not sold on Lewis being the every down back. They really need to get this settled as we are really bad running the short yardage plays right now 

in my mind the Bills game is going to be huge and I hope we don’t have a let down like we’ve had in the past our coaching staff seemed to have exceeded our expectations so I really think the team will be ready

Archived