Week 4 GDT- Eagles @ Titans

FutureIsWhite

20 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

So you’re saying he gets a pass the 1st 3 games ? okay so explain how’s he a bum when he missed all of last season & his rookie season he was our #2 & at times #1 WR, going against a secondary #1 & #2 corner playing in an outdated system crying out loud, for a coach that couldn’t scheme this guy open. Okay he’s a bum I get it, don’t hear no one call Taywan a bum after his rookie yr though ??‍♂️ People just won’t admit he’s a bum because he’s not explosive as Corey or Taywan but as I been saying he knows how to get open

If a guy can't beat #1 and #2 corners and needs to be up against #3s to get open, he's a bum. The last half of his rookie season he was invisible and he hasn't played well this year outside of a couple plays yesterday. 

We've seen enough of him not getting separation and not enough of him getting open or making contested catches. That's what makes him a bum. If that changes in the new offense, then my opinion of him will change. I call it how I see it, I'm not going to hold on to my opinion of him despite what I see on the field. At this point in his career, I don't see what anyone would be impressed with.

If he's going to start consistently getting open or making catches with guys draped on his back, I'd be more than happy to say he's a quality WR. I don't want any players on our team to fail, but they have to give you a reason to believe they can play with the big boys.

I mean let's not go overboard here. He had one good catch yesterday for a TD and another one where he had a free release off the line of scrimmage and just ran across the field uncovered. He was left wide open in a zone defense. 2 catches, on a day where Mariota completed 30 passes, does not change who he is. 

Rishard Matthews wasn't explosive and we all loved him the last two years. Had absolutely nothing to do with being explosive like Taylor or Davis. Has to do with production on the field.

Corey Davis - 9, 161, TD

Taywan Taylor - 7, 77

Taylor had 3 more receptions yesterday and nearly 20 more yards than Tajae Sharpe has put up this season.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I was thinking about it last night. Now, I’m in no way saying we are the third best team in the league, but does any team through four weeks have a better pair of wins than at Jacksonville and vs. Philly? Factor in the one loss is against a 3-1 team in a seven hour game where we lost our three best offensive players and were without our fourth, and the resume is definitely nice.

I think due to the way the playoffs are structured in pros versus college, we don’t talk in terms of resume with the NFL, but definitely hard to argue against our resume at this point. 

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

If a guy can't beat #1 and #2 corners and needs to be up against #3s to get open, he's a bum. The last half of his rookie season he was invisible and he hasn't played well this year outside of a couple plays yesterday. 

We've seen enough of him not getting separation and not enough of him getting open or making contested catches. That's what makes him a bum. If that changes in the new offense, then my opinion of him will change. I call it how I see it, I'm not going to hold on to my opinion of him despite what I see on the field. At this point in his career, I don't see what anyone would be impressed with.

If he's going to start consistently getting open or making catches with guys draped on his back, I'd be more than happy to say he's a quality WR. I don't want any players on our team to fail, but they have to give you a reason to believe they can play with the big boys.

If it looks like a duck barks like a duck walks like a duck then you in trouble cause ducks don’t bark, ?Bum it is no arguing 

a stray thought- can anyone remember the last time we actually targeted and exploited an opponent’s weakness on offense?

jalen mills having a bad season? ok, we’re gonna roast him all day. your starting safety’s out and a rookie is replacing him? nothing like a 1v1 matchup between him and corey davis on the game winning play.

59 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Watching FS1 so far it seems that the consensus game of the week was Browns/Raiders. You know, because two 1 win teams are way more exciting than the 3-1 Titans vs the defending Super Bowl champs in a game that came down to a touchdown with 11 seconds left in OT.

The Browns/Raiders game had controversy going it's way at least. Plus, super high scoring. Add in that most football fans have some sympathy for Cleveland and they were pretty clearly screwed over hard yesterday, and I'm not going to be upset about it getting attention.

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

a stray thought- can anyone remember the last time we actually targeted and exploited an opponent’s weakness on offense?

jalen mills having a bad season? ok, we’re gonna roast him all day. your starting safety’s out and a rookie is replacing him? nothing like a 1v1 matchup between him and corey davis on the game winning play.

It's almost like we have a coaching staff that adjusts its gameplan based on its opponent.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It's almost like we have a coaching staff that adjusts its gameplan based on its opponent.

Ex’s a coaching staff that exploits teams weaknesses vs a stubborn coach that wants to play smash mouth cause wasn’t sh*+ exotic about it 

36 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

going against a secondary #1 & #2 corner

I keep seeing you repeat this silly argument... that's a joke, right?  So we're supposed to ask other teams to please only put their 3rd or 4th CB on him, please... pretty please with a cherry on top? 

Backups unfortunately don't just come in as 4th WRs... they will have to play serious minutes against 1s and 2s.  It's the reality of it.  It's happening now with Matthews injury... if/when Davis or Taylor line up in the slot, Sharpe will likely line up outside against the opponents' 1 or 2.

He did good yesterday... that was a nice route on the TD... against what is essentially a rookie coming off a knee injury.  But whatever, no excuses... he did good.  I'm glad.  Hopefully he continues doing it cuz we're going to need him as our 3rd option behind Davis and Taylor... and no Walker or Matthews to rely on. 

I still say go sign Dez... but if Sharpe can do what he did this week... then we're ok.  I also think Williams will eventually help us out from the slot.  I had some hopes for Jennings, but that was a big drop.  Great route though, great seperation... but can he get past the drop?  That's a big question.

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I keep seeing you repeat this silly argument... that's a joke, right?  So we're supposed to ask other teams to please only put their 3rd or 4th CB on him, please... pretty please with a cherry on top? 

Backups unfortunately don't just come in as 4th WRs... they will have to play serious minutes against 1s and 2s.  It's the reality of it.  It's happening now with Matthews injury... if/when Davis or Taylor line up in the slot, Sharpe will likely line up outside against the opponents' 1 or 2.

He did good yesterday... that was a nice route on the TD... against what is essentially a rookie coming off a knee injury.  But whatever, no excuses... he did good.  I'm glad.  Hopefully he continues doing it cuz we're going to need him as our 3rd option behind Davis and Taylor... and no Walker or Matthews to rely on. 

I still say go sign Dez... but if Sharpe can do what he did this week... then we're ok.  I also think Williams will eventually help us out from the slot.  I had some hopes for Jennings, but that was a big drop.  Great route though, great seperation... but can he get past the drop?  That's a big question.

Again you missing the point the whole argument is if sharpe is a Bum than Taywan is also cause I keep saying ?what has Taywan done for him not to be a bum if Tajae fits the definition of a bum. They’re both in year 2 yes cause sharpe didn’t play yr 2 & Sharpe was a much better rookie than Taylor but no 1 calls Taywan a bum, Taywan drops a pass he may get called a bust but not a bum, it’s like Taywan gets a pass to be on the team cause of his potential but as I keep saying y’all call a guy a bum who’s only played 1 season & still had over 500 yards, who still played in a outdated system wit a idiot HC & OC, common sense should say if he can put up 500 yards in a joke of a offense being forced into a roll he no longer has to play, #2 & #1 wr then he should be more than capable of thriving as a #3 WR. Wit a true #1 Corey & at the time we had Matthews & Delanie but no majority he’s a bum he’s a bum he’s a bum ? so if Tajae a bum what that makes Taywan ??‍♂️

Archived