Week 4 GDT- Eagles @ Titans

FutureIsWhite

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

WR, TE, interior DL are our biggest needs imo.

EDGE too with Orakpo and Morgan both 30+ year old free agents. #1 need if at least one isn't retained. Even if only one is retained it is still a priority.

OG comes to mind. Maybe Kline is serviceable when Conklin is next to him and the passing game takes off. We know all of our starting OL can pass protect even if Jones and Kline lack strength in the run game. 

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

EDGE too with Orakpo and Morgan both 30+ year old free agents. #1 need if at least one isn't retained. Even if only one is retained it is still a priority.

OG comes to mind. Maybe Kline is serviceable when Conklin is next to him and the passing game takes off. We know all of our starting OL can pass protect even if Jones and Kline lack strength in the run game. 

Yea definitely need some maulers in the run game. I’ve been wanting to replace Jones for a while now. Not a fan of trusting a rookie center though and not sure who will be a FA.

I hope this is the week we open things up...

I want to see this formation on more than one occassion... Davis the GOAT outside, Matthews outside, Taylor in the slot and Henry/Lewis in the backfield... with Lewis motioning out to the other slot. 

Spread the Eagles out... see how they react... give Marcus the option to make the call at the line with either straight run/pass plays and/or RPOs... With the wide9, and the D spread out covering the 4 receivers, Henry should pick up 5 yards a pop... if they decide to crowd the box a bit...  Mariota has his 4 best options on routes. 

With Walker out, that puts the best playmakers out there, giving defenses fits with Lewis and Taylor's quickness inside where Mariota can feast... taking occasional deep shots to keep the defense honest.  I also see combo routes just opening things up like crazy

I hope that our passing game concepts are not overly complicated. I heard a question in MM and MV's press confrence today about Marcus having to move guys because they were lined up incorrectly. They both brushed it off, but with the slow progression in preseason and the fact that it doesn't seem like we are running the stuff we all expected to see...??? I personally feel like we are running stuff that is similar to last year, not seeing much of the shallow crossing stuff.

If it is a case that the concepts are complicated, I hope that it pays of big down the line when the WR's get dialed in. Also would make me feel better that MM is not able to fully open things up, and he still has the potential I think he does.

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

So...uhhh....

I’m more than fine with moving on. Go get Dez Bryant then I’d rather give up money rather than draft picks. I just don’t see a trade Fitzgerald Sanders Tate or who ever being an easy trade to make or if it’s smart to keep trading picks. I’m usually in the boat for trading picks but we have to draft more than 4 guys a year 

Archived