Is Nick Foles the Biggest One Shot Wonder in NFL History?

footbull3196

Is Nick Foles the biggest one shot wonder in NFL history?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is Nick Foles the biggest one shot wonder in NFL history?

• Yes
    • No, it's someone else

53 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

One shot wonder? Are you forgetting his all time great, statistically speaking, 2013 season? Or his MVP caliber QBing in the CC and SB last year? Also seems asinine to close the book on him less than a year after he made a fool out all of us who prematurely closed the book on him. He's not even 30 yet, he'll have more opportunities, and if I had to guess, he's got one more magic run in him. 

No, I'm saying those reasons are why he's the biggest one shot wonder to me lol.  If he didnt have 2013 and 2017 going for him, he wouldnt be a 1 shot wonder, he would just be a scrub and a bust.  I'm having trouble with seeing him as a starter somewhere next year because the Eagles already missed their chance to get top value for him.  What makes you think people will want him next year when the only thing we saw out of him this year was 2 games where he looked largely mediocre and closer to what he's been the majority of his career rather than what he was last postseason?

9 hours ago, FinSting said:

Brad Johnson? A mediocre journeyman career spanning multiple teams then...BOOM he's the man during their Super Bowl season, 22 TD's only 6 interceptions. And that was with Alstott stealing Brad's fantasy points (remember the Dunn commercial?)

None of Johnson's other seasons were impressive. Just that one year, 2002. 

Well, he made the pro bowl in 1999, so I don’t think he counts. 

6 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

And that answer is wrong because Williams was a good QB in Tampa.

Good? Ehhhh. Was getting better every year before the contract dispute though. Tampa as a team was not that great. They did fall apart once he bounced. 

However, even in Washington Williams wasn't that good over the long stretch. Following Super Bowl 22, he was eventually outplayed by Mark Rypien, and subsequently retired. 

Archived