Is Nick Foles the Biggest One Shot Wonder in NFL History?

footbull3196

Is Nick Foles the biggest one shot wonder in NFL history?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is Nick Foles the biggest one shot wonder in NFL history?

• Yes
    • No, it's someone else

6 hours ago, FinSting said:

Beat me to it, Doug Williams was certainly not a one-shot wonder, those Tampa Bay teams were really good. 

Hunh? Which years? They did make the playoffs three times, but usually got crushed when they got there. Tampa was not a very good organization under Culverhouse's ownership. They weren't on the same level of the big dogs at the time like the Cowboys, Raiders, Eagles, or the emerging 49ers. They had some good players though. 

9 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Hunh? Which years? They did make the playoffs three times, but usually got crushed when they got there.

They made it to the NFC Championship in only their 4th year of existence...none too shabby. Ricky Bell and Lee Roy Selmon were studs. 

21 minutes ago, FinSting said:

They made it to the NFC Championship in only their 4th year of existence...none too shabby. Ricky Bell and Lee Roy Selmon were studs. 

Oh I'm not saying that they weren't good enough to make the playoffs. And it was quite an accomplishment for being around only 4 years. I'm just saying that once they got there they couldn't really hang with the big dogs. Especially Dallas. 

6 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Mark Malone: Doesn't do anything after leading the Steelers to the 1984 AFC Title Game.

If the Dolphins' defense gave up 28 pts to Mark Malone in that AFC Championship game, how will they stop Joe Montana in the Super Bowl? Asking for a friend. 

14 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Hunh? Which years? They did make the playoffs three times, but usually got crushed when they got there. Tampa was not a very good organization under Culverhouse's ownership. They weren't on the same level of the big dogs at the time like the Cowboys, Raiders, Eagles, or the emerging 49ers. They had some good players though. 

Forgot to mention...on TV that year were the fledging Buccaneers beatin' up on the Eagles in the playoffs. Watching that game (at my grandparent's house, they only had two channels lol) is what made me a fan of Ricky Bell in the first place. 

7 hours ago, BaratheonFollower said:

Usually one hit wonders aren't good, that's the point. He had a good year, that is a fact. But he is not good. 

but it wasn’t even that good a year if you weren’t box scorewatching

zeke and the line carried the play while he dumped off to jason witten all day

35 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

but it wasn’t even that good a year if you weren’t box scorewatching

zeke and the line carried the play while he dumped off to jason witten all day

Remember when Michael Irvin was touting the cowboys as being a super bowl contender for the next 10 years?  The dude has been nowhere to be found ever since that playoff loss to Green Bay

Archived