Week 4 GDT: Eagles (2-1) vs Titans (2-1)

EaglesPeteC

r435895_608x342_16-9.jpg

The wait is over and our beautiful baby boy, the Ginger Jesus himself, Carson Wentz is back.

Here is file footage of all the jorts I went through on Sunday 

qwbugfch9j55.jpg

Now could this be the week that Wentz's #1 target returns to the lineup?

2017-11-05-22_50_02.gif?w=1000

And from the "How the hell is this team 2-1" files comes out opponent THE TENNESSEE TITANS

giphy.gif

They are a team with 1 QB with a broken head and another with a noodle arm, but since the Eagles' defense takes road games off they will somehow score 30 points in a game that we hope they can magically pull out at the last second.

Let's go! 

Titans could very well be without Adoree Jackson due to concussion and while LeShaun Sims is a solid replacement, could be something the Eagles can take advantage of. Might get Jack Conklin back this week, but if not, Dennis Kelly most likely will be back.

Not a game I expect the Titans to win, but then again I doubted them beating the Texans and Jags given the injury situation, but somehow the coaching staff has dragged our walking MASH unit to two straight wins.

The defense has largely carried us through the two wins, and ranks 4th in the NFL at 16.7 so far in ppg allowed(would be 2nd at 14.3 if you take out the kick return TD allowed vs the Dolphins..still not sure why that's counted against the defense in stats, but whatever), however it's very bend but don't break style. Can gash some runs on it at times and prior to teams crossing the 50 we tend to play more off coverage.

Overall this game is basically playing with house money for the Titans. Getting out of September at 2-2 with the injuries they've had will be a major win. 3-1 would just be a cherry on top.

I had the team with 3 wins after the first quarter before the season bagan. This is a must win game before the tougher part of the schedule is coming: vikings, @giants, panthers, @jaguars (in london, cant wait to be there!!!). This is a must win game. Hopefully Alshon, Ajayi and Sproles are back, so we may see some passes caught by non-TEs as well.

Eagles win with 10.

1 minute ago, furti said:

I had the team with 3 wins after the first quarter before the season bagan. This is a must win game before the tougher part of the schedule is coming: vikings, @giants, panthers, @jaguars (in london, cant wait to be there!!!). This is a must win game. Hopefully Alshon, Ajayi and Sproles are back, so we may see some passes caught by non-TEs as well.

Eagles win with 10.

Damn it really is an actual must win game in terms of 1 seed aspirations. Rams probably not losing more than 2 or 3, and there is no chance we go undefeated in our final 12, which I have to imagine is the toughest in the entire league and one of the toughest stretches I have ever seen. All 6 divisional games, and then the Rams, Saints, Vikings, Jags, Panthers (<---2017 playoff teams) and Texans. 

I don't know what to think of Titans, their offense has been trash without the run game getting going, and we've got one of the league's best run Ds so I don't expect anything to change. Of course our D tends to not show up on the road. I'll go with Eagles by 10 as well, saying 27-17 Eagles.

Just seen this stat and it absolutely underlines our feeling about special teams. 

The average starting field position is @23.3 which is good for 31st in the league. Opposing teams against the Eagles are almost a full 10 yard better @32.6 so the coverage is not too good either (30th in league). Not sure why we haven't seen Gibson more who had some nice returns in the preseason.

Like weeks 2 and 3 against Houston and Jacksonville with no Marcus (or atleast a gimped throwing hand/elbow Marcus) we’ll try to make the game ugly on the shoulders of the running game, an improvised passing attack, and stout defense. That’ll be a lot tougher against you guys though with how your ends will be positioned to take away the outside scrambling lanes for Marcus, your #1 rushing defense, and your offense that is clearly better than Houston’s and Jacksonville's.

Like the other Titan poster mentioned, we’re gonna be without our top corner Adoree (Lewan suffered a concussion in week 1 and was told by Vrabel the following Tuesday he won’t be playing in week 2 and to just focus on getting rest - I expect the same will be true for Adoree) and that’ll hamper our secondary but who knows, we’ve been pulling out wins with a makeshift o-line, a backup QB and no Delanie. If the defense can bend but not break like we did against Houston and Jacksonville we’ll have a shot but it’ll be a lot harder this time without Adoree. If we do break and give up multiple touchdowns then I’m confident you guys will come away with the victory. I’m not expecting much out of our offense again unless Marcus’ hand/fingers magically regain feeling at some point this week. 

I haven’t watched any Philly games this year so I have a couple questions for you gents to help me get informed:

1) Statistically you have the #1 ranked rushing defense. However, Indianapolis and Tampa don’t exactly boast the best rushing attacks. How much do you credit the run defense compared to how good/bad Indy’s and Tampa’s rushing attacks are?

2) How did Wentz look his first game back? Like Watson, we now face Wentz in his 2nd game back from an ACL tear and we made him look very uncomfortable (it is important to note though that they have a much, much worse offensive line than yours) so I’m hoping the same fate is in store for Wentz.

3) How have the 4 headed monster in Long-Graham-Bennett-Barnett looked getting after the quarterback?

4) And lastly, any sign of the dreaded Super Bowl hangover (congrats again btw)? We may need to see that symptom rear it’s head ugly head to pull out the W on Sunday.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Houston was 3 or 4 point favorites and JAcksonville was like 6+ point favorites. Vegas tired of getting burned too badly I guess.

Yeah, just seems like y'all are pretty ravaged with injuries right now, while we just got our franchise QB back and should have some RBs back.

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Yeah, just seems like y'all are pretty ravaged with injuries right now, while we just got our franchise QB back and should have some RBs back.

we're actually probably gonna end up a good deal healthier than we have been the past couple of weeks...which isn't saying much, lol. but having all 3 of marcus (bum elbow and all), lewan, and conklin/kelly is a whole hell of a lot better than we were the last 2 weeks. of course, it's possible we lose adoree jackson, which would hurt. but there's some hope that offensively we'll be able to do a bit better than we have lately.

Last time we went to Tennessee was the LOL game where Britt had 200 recieving yards and 3 TDs on us and they put up like 30 points in the 4th quarter. I remember we went into 4th quarter in control and then ended up losing by double digits, Jortland Finnegan had that troll pick 6 off of Kolb which may have been the last pass he thew as an Eagle? Probably not but it's the last I remember of him. 

Win this one #4Kolb

27 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

so i have drank during two eagles this season and didnt the other we won the 2 I drank during so guess I have to do this for us 

God's way of telling you stop being an alcoholic I guess? I haven't gotten that message yet. ?

Archived