Week 4 GDT: Eagles (2-1) vs Titans (2-1)

EaglesPeteC

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Lot of sentiment of "You guys will be fine when Wentz is back." How much better do people expect Wentz to get? The rust is gone, he looks like his 2017 self. Wentz is the least of our concerns, he could hit his "stride" and it will mean jack if the OL is still giving up pressure every other snap and the defense makes any QB look elite on the road. Believe me, I wish it was as simple as Wentz "returning to form"... that's why it was easy to ignore the poor team showings in the first 2 weeks, since we knew we weren't putting our best on the field. Last week you could say maybe rust since it was 1st game, plus poor weather... but I see no excuses for today or reason to be optimistic. The Titans are not a very good team. 9 to 10 wins? A sacrificial lamb to the Patriots in the playoffs again? Sure, if they stay healthy, but aren't we trying to repeat? Win the division at the very least? You need to beat teams like the Titans if you want to keep those hopes alive, especially when you have a 17-3 lead with less than half the 3rd quarter left. Such an embarrassing performance.

So we're 2-2 now, yet that was the easy part of our schedule.... Now we have all 6 of our divisional games, the Vikings, Saints, Rams, Panthers, Jaguars and Texans. Gonna be a long season gents, unless we sweep the division, which I highly doubt.

If we managed 3-1 through the toughest part of our schedule I sure hope we can manage better than 9 wins again, barring injuries obviously.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

If we managed 3-1 through the toughest part of our schedule I sure hope we can manage better than 9 wins again, barring injuries obviously.

Looking at your schedule I do still think 9-7

• @ Bills- W
  • Ravens- L
  • Chargers- L
  • @ Dallas- W
  • Pats- L
  • @ Colts- L
  • @ Texans- L
  • Jets- W
  • Jags - L (you guys have their number but 4 in a row would be pretty crazy...)
  • @ Giants- W
  • Redskins- W
  • Colts- W

Think you guys split the division, going chalk and giving Ws to the home teams in the Colts and Texan duels. Think the Ravens are simply superior team. Chargers could go either way, but so could Dallas game, so I just split the difference. Pats superior team. You're better than the Jets and Giants. Redskins I like a tad more but at home I'll say you guys pull it out. Everything rolls the right way and 11-5 is on the table, but bad breaks and so is 7-9. Middle point, 9-7. I just didn't come away very impressed by the Titans today, and yes I am fully aware that speaks to how poorly I must think of the Eagles at the moment.

I do hope I'm wrong and the Titans are actually a good team, that would only make this loss look a lot less worse a few months from now (on paper at least), but as of now I am more of the thought that the Eagles just aren't very good. I mean 14 point deficit? 4th & 15 conversion? 3 4th down conversions in a row? I don't think you overcome this against most teams. Definitely a solid defense, I just don't trust Mariota to carry the offense, but I think he will need to as I'm not sure Henry is that guy, nor can Dion handle a true load... but hey, if it makes you feel any better I was on the Titans are overrated train all of last season too and was floored when they beat the Chiefs.

I do agree maybe there's a little overreaction going on. It's still early in the season. We were pretty bad early last year too. Remember the Kansas City game? This is a team that ramped up last year. A lot of people forget about this, but remember that epic walk-off Jake Elliott field goal against the Giants? That was a home game folks. We were tied with the Giants almost headed into overtime. We could have lost that game pretty easily.

These guys won the Super Bowl. Yesterday sucked but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

8 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

• @ Bills- W
  • Ravens- L
  • Chargers- L
  • @ Dallas- W
  • Pats- L
  • @ Colts- L
  • @ Texans- L
  • Jets- W
  • @ Giants- W
  • Redskins- W
  • Colts- W

Think you guys split the division, going chalk and giving Ws to the home teams in the Colts and Texan duels. Think the Ravens are simply superior team. Chargers could go either way, but so could Dallas game, so I just split the difference. Pats superior team. You're better than the Jets and Giants. Redskins I like a tad more but at home I'll say you guys pull it out. Everything rolls the right way and 11-5 is on the table, but bad breaks and so is 7-9. Middle point, 9-7. I just didn't come away very impressed by the Titans today, and yes I am fully aware that speaks to how poorly I must think of the Eagles at the moment.

I do hope I'm wrong and the Titans are actually a good team, that would only make this loss look a lot less worse a few months from now (on paper at least), but as of now I am more of the thought that the Eagles just aren't very good. I mean 14 point deficit? 4th & 15 conversion? 3 4th down conversions in a row? I don't think you overcome this against most teams. Definitely a solid defense, I just don't trust Mariota to carry the offense, but I think he will need to as I'm not sure Henry is that guy, nor can Dion handle a true load... but hey, if it makes you feel any better I was on the Titans are overrated train all of last season too and was floored when they beat the Chiefs.

That would be extremely disappointing to split with all 3 of the Colts, Texans, and Jags and be looking at a 9 win season. With how bad the Colts and Texans look and with us having Jacksonville's number, I don't see how we don't pull off the sweep against one of them. Losing 5 out of the next 7 would also be very disappointing. 

3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don´t know about you guys but I do believe Carson has had trouble recognizing the blitz the past two games. 

I just figured at a certain point he stopped trying because he knew smallwood wasn't going to pick it up anyways.

12 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

• @ Bills- W
  • Ravens- L
  • Chargers- L
  • @ Dallas- W
  • Pats- L
  • @ Colts- L
  • @ Texans- L
  • Jets- W
  • @ Giants- W
  • Redskins- W
  • Colts- W

lol at calling the Titans overrated. By whom, exactly? They get absolutely no respect.. it's like they don't even exist. Spent all offseason hearing how the Texans were going to run the division lol...

13 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

lol at calling the Titans overrated. By whom, exactly? They get absolutely no respect.. it's like they don't even exist. Spent all offseason hearing how the Texans were going to run the division lol...

I agree! 

You don't luck out and beat 2 of the 4 teams from last year's Championships Games in consecutive weeks by accident.

People were just obsessed with the Jags, the return of Watson, the return of Luck ,Titans were an afterthought. In many ways much like the Eagles, Rams, Vikings of last year. For all we know that's this year's Titans.

Win Ugly, Win Big doesn't matter. Wins a win. Good luck.

59 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Gotta agree with this lol.

He had some misses last week but this past Sunday was the worst I've ever seen him. I think that's kudos to the Titans for making things hard to decipher. I really didn't see any pre-snap adjustments that we usually get out of Carson to take advantage of the rush.

Maybe we're all not giving Mike Vrabel enough credit. This was the first time in a long time we saw our staff get outmatched strategically.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I agree! 

You don't luck out and beat 2 of the 4 teams from last year's Championships Games in consecutive weeks by accident.

People were just obsessed with the Jags, the return of Watson, the return Luck they were an afterthought. In many ways much like the Eagles, Rams, Vikings of last year. For all we know that's this year's Titans.

Win Ugly, Win Big doesn't matter. Wins a win. Good luck.

Cheers brother. Best of luck for the rest of the season. Sweep the rest of the AFC South please ;) 

5 hours ago, Phire said:

Maybe we're all not giving Mike Vrabel enough credit. This was the first time in a long time we saw our staff get outmatched strategically.

I'm starting to think this is a possibility. And as a Titans fan, it's really weird for me to say. We've had a whole lot of mediocrity at head coach for the last 15 years (and at times a lot worse than that), but this was the third straight week where I thought that we seemed to have a gameplan and a real strategy that looked to be built specifically for the opponent. It's one thing to outcoach Bill O'Brien, but I thought the staff more than held it's own against the Jags (not to say Marrone is incredible, but certainly solid) and yesterday (and I have a ton of respect for Pederson and co.). It's kind of what a lot of Titans fans pointed to as our biggest hope heading into this year when everyone was talking Jags and Texans. We went 9-7 and won a playoff game with Mularkey and an archaic offensive scheme from Terry Robiskie. If the coaching staff is actually good, the talent is there to be a legitimately good football team.

22 hours ago, dtait93 said:
On 10/1/2018 at 1:37 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

• @ Bills- W
  • Ravens- L
  • Chargers- L
  • @ Dallas- W
  • Pats- L
  • @ Colts- L
  • @ Texans- L
  • Jets- W
  • @ Giants- W
  • Redskins- W
  • Colts- W

That would be extremely disappointing to split with all 3 of the Colts, Texans, and Jags and be looking at a 9 win season. With how bad the Colts and Texans look and with us having Jacksonville's number, I don't see how we don't pull off the sweep against one of them. Losing 5 out of the next 7 would also be very disappointing. 

So you lose to every team in the AFC S but sweep the NFC E.... Maybe you can recognize the unbridled homerism in the Eagles forum.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So you lose to every team in the AFC S but sweep the NFC E.... Maybe you can recognize the unbridled homerism in the Eagles forum.

I didn’t even pick up on that lol. It’s much more likely we sweep at least 1 opponent in our division than sweep the NFCE. Personally, I think we’ll sweep the Jags and 1 of either Hou or Indy, and we’ll lose one of the away games against you or the Giants.

Archived