Roughing the passer

Golfman

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Vikings had 2 timeouts left, Packers had 0

Thank you :) So we were looking at, if we ran 3 plays with no fumbles, punting the ball with about 47 seconds left (assuming 10 seconds to run 2 running plays with timeouts, and then a full 40 seconds to take the delay of game penalty to punt on 4th. So after the punt, appx 40 seconds with no timeouts and starting at appx their 20. They need a TD and 2 point conversion. 

25 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Thank you :) So we were looking at, if we ran 3 plays with no fumbles, punting the ball with about 47 seconds left (assuming 10 seconds to run 2 running plays with timeouts, and then a full 40 seconds to take the delay of game penalty to punt on 4th. So after the punt, appx 40 seconds with no timeouts and starting at appx their 20. They need a TD and 2 point conversion. 

No wait a minute.
We were ahead 29-21 at the time of Alex's "reversed" INT.

1st & 10 at MIN 25
(1:45 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right intended for S.Coley INTERCEPTED by J.Alexander at MIN 23. J.Alexander to MIN 18 for 5 yards (G.Iloka). PENALTY on GB-C.Matthews, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at MIN 25 - No Play

The key component of the above is GB would have had the ball at the MN 18 with 1:30+ left and an 8 point lead.
So - I dont care how many TO's MN had. We piss away some period of time - kick a gimme FG - and the game is ours.
So - the INT was the dagger.

Instead - MN got the ball back - went down for the TD+2 that tied the game.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

No wait a minute.
We were ahead 29-21 at the time of Alex's "reversed" INT.

1st & 10 at MIN 25
(1:45 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right intended for S.Coley INTERCEPTED by J.Alexander at MIN 23. J.Alexander to MIN 18 for 5 yards (G.Iloka). PENALTY on GB-C.Matthews, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at MIN 25 - No Play

The key component of the above is GB would have had the ball at the MN 18 with 1:30+ left and an 8 point lead.
So - I dont care how many TO's MN had. We piss away some period of time - kick a gimme FG - and the game is ours.
So - the INT was the dagger.

Instead - MN got the ball back - went down for the TD+2 that tied the game.

No we wouldn't, the above is incorrect. The INT was on our 18 yard line - Kirk bombed it - and Jaire did not return because he was down by contact when he caught it. So we would have had the ball on our side of the field with what I said being accurate

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

No we wouldn't, the above is incorrect. The INT was on our 18 yard line - Kirk bombed it - and Jaire did not return because he was down by contact when he caught it. So we would have had the ball on our side of the field with what I said being accurate

Really? ESPN must really be slipping then.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:
7 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Really? ESPN must really be slipping then.

Yeah, 100%. It was a deep throw. I can't view videos at work on youtube so I can't find the highlight for you, but in the game highlights it will be in there towards the end. 

That is a really bad play description lmao

Edit: Just watched the play on my phone, Jaire caught it at about the Packers 26. 

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah, 100%. It was a deep throw. I can't view videos at work on youtube so I can't find the highlight for you, but in the game highlights it will be in there towards the end. That is a really bad play description lmao. Edit: Just watched the play on my phone, Jaire caught it at about the Packers 26. 

Well I guess the data input folks weren't spared when ESPN cut back for budget reasons.

Archived