Titans Roster Moves ( updated: Logan Ryan to IR. Durden to 53, President to Practice Squad)

TitanLegend

28 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

We just suck at identifying receiver talent as guys enter the league. Always have. Feels like we're snake-bitten.

Yeah. That is why I'm really not against trading for WRs that have proven to be NFL players. Even if we get a group of average guys and paying them like they are above average, it's a win. (i.e. Nate Washington) 2-3 Nate Washington's would be great right about now. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

And yeah, we've put resources in that spot with #5 overall pick and Taylor and Jonnu. We can question Robinson with those moves. 
Thinking about our #5 overall pick. We don't think he is a bust. He hasn't had a OBJ start, but nobody in history has...

Look no further than the team we just played (Chargers).  They draft Mike Williams two spots after Davis (#7 overall). But he is probably their 3rd best WR with Williams and Allen. Now looking into their status it doesn't really strengthen my case..lol (Allen was an 3rd round pick and Williams was undrafted. LOL)  

But it does strengthen my WR argument. Those pass catchers have really strengthen that offense and made some of their weaknesses not as glaring.  

Randy Moss & I think AJ green I get yo point just felt like being a D!cK ?

58 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Hard to say Kendall was good he just fell out of favor wit the mularkey, Kenny Britt was the complete package he just didn’t want to be great. Tyrone Calico 

None of those guys -- Wright and Britt specifically -- had any desire to be great NFL players. That's also part of the player evaluation process

I feel like the WR issues come from JRob thinking that our new offense would scheme guys open...so pure win off the line ability was not the most important thing. Also there was probably an assumtion that the O-line would be better than it is. 

He was clearly wrong on all fronts, and the fact that he is not being super aggressive during the season should come as no surprise.. 

I think we have to take a serious look at all receiving options on the roster this off season, because I don't see a single player(excluding Delaine) that will work with Marcus. Davis has the talent to be a good WR but not with Marcus...Davis seems like he is never expecting the ball coming out of his break. Seems to me that all his catches are slightly off time...even the TD vs PHI Marcus threw a high soft ball, knowing he needed a little extra time to adjust.

Not sure what the answer is...but I know it is not to do nothing, as seems to be the current plan!!!

Mason was the last big hit at WR we had (a 4th rounder at that)... and its sad considering how many 1st and 2nd rounders we've tried to use to find our go to guy.  The closest we got was Britt.  The GOAT,CD84 still has some time to find his groove... and I believe he will... but it's just a sad track record.

It really is hit or miss... take the Vikings for example.  They have arguably the best set of WRs in the NFL... and they used a 5th for their #2 and found their #1 as a UDFA.  Yet they spent a 1st on Treadwell, who still hasn't come close to his potential/expectations. 

Thielen though... I mean... a guy like Sharpe that doesn't have any plus athletic qualities that would make anyone think a few years ago that he'd be the NFL's leading receiver thus far... on the verge of breaking a 50 year old record held by an Oiler/Titan. And yet here he is.  (He didn't break out until year 3... so there's our hope that Sharpe may have just turned that corner)

STAT of the DAY...

Thielen alone has essentially equaled the production of our entire WR corps(e) thus far

• Thielen - 89 targets, 67 receptions, 822 yards, 5 TDs, 9.6 rpg, 117.4 ypg, 75.3%
  • Davis/Sharpe/Taylor/Matthews/Jennings/Williams/Batson - 119, 72 receptions, 837 yards, 3 TDs, 10.3 rpg, 119.5 ypg, 61.1%

That's sad...

And also sad is that Williams just caught both his targets last week with the Rams... and the 2 targets he had as a Titan resulted in... well, you know...

Can we get a freakin' break over here?!?!

at this point i’m losing faith in davis fast. for a second year player, he looks like he has absolutely no idea where he is or what he’s supposed to be doing way too often. nobody seems to want to talk about it, but uh...we spent the 5th overall pick on this guy.

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

at this point i’m losing faith in davis fast. for a second year player, he looks like he has absolutely no idea where he is or what he’s supposed to be doing way too often. nobody seems to want to talk about it, but uh...we spent the 5th overall pick on this guy.

2nd yr learning a whole nother system after missing all offseason his 1st yr, coming off ankle surgery, battling injuries, playing in a Stone Age offense. Davis is fine granted he hasn’t been electric as a top 5 pick should, but hey look at our offense as a whole, we have no run game, our QB stays ding up, & him & Mariota chemistry just isn’t there ??‍♂️ That’s coaching 

9 hours ago, -Hope- said:

In comparison, none of the WRs in the first round that year has shown much. 

Not everyone is going to be OBJ and Calvin Johnson out the gate. 

Now I am with you. I expected more from him this year. But this has been everything but a normal year. We have seen improvement. But just not enough. He has stayed healthy and appears to have improved his route running. 

He is in a new offense. 

Need more production from him though. 

5 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

It’s funny all the people I remember calling sharpe a Bum, still haven’t seen them put bum next to Taywan ??

Taywan is a bum

However

They both only have 1 game so far this year where they’ve been good - Taywan against Philly and Sharpe against the Chargers - so before I crown him as a competent weapon I need to see him string a few games together. Let’s see what he does when the bright lights come on against Dallas.

What makes a someone like Tajae a bum to some of you? Curious to you all standards. 

Not being a star?  Not being a 100 catch guy? Being injured last year?  Not being an #1 WR after 23 games?

Year one he had 41 catches 522 yards and 2 TDs. 12 yards per catch. 

I think he has been great for a 5th round pick. Those are good #3 WR numbers. Which is what he should have been that first year. Not his fault he out performed our other sucky WRs at the moment like Kendall Wright, Harry Douglas and an old Andre Johnson

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

What makes a someone like Tajae a bum to some of you? Curious to you all standards. 

Not being a star?  Not being a 100 catch guy? Being injured last year?  Not being an #1 WR after 23 games?

Year one he had 41 catches 522 yards and 2 TDs. 12 yards per catch. 

I think he has been great for a 5th round pick. Those are good #3 WR numbers. Which is what he should have been that first year. Not his fault he out performed our other sucky WRs at the moment like Kendall Wright, Harry Douglas and an old Andre Johnson

?IVE been saying this forever ?? thank you. A bum is Kevin Dodd Chris Henry Paul Williams, but people call me crazy as if 500 yards in a run 1st offense from a rookie 5th round pick who was thrown into fire. I guess I don’t know football ??‍♂️

Archived