Titans Roster Moves ( updated: Logan Ryan to IR. Durden to 53, President to Practice Squad)

TitanLegend

If we head into Monday Night with the same group of receivers, all I can take from it is that JR doesn’t think we can compete. It’s the only plausible reason in my mind to not do anything to address a spectacular weakness in 15 days. Conceding the division to Houston.

Obviously he could still prove me wrong,

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

If we head into Monday Night with the same group of receivers, all I can take from it is that JR doesn’t think we can compete. It’s the only plausible reason in my mind to not do anything to address a spectacular weakness in 15 days. Conceding the division to Houston.

Obviously he could still prove me wrong,

I do think it would align to a tweet I saw from one of the talking heads, saying that Robinson thinks we are still building and draft picks are important. 

I'm not going to get all wrapped up in the season this year. If it goes it goes. If we lose we lose. Lol 

My expectations are lowered with this offense and receiving group. 

46 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I do think it would align to a tweet I saw from one of the talking heads, saying that Robinson thinks we are still building and draft picks are important. 

I'm not going to get all wrapped up in the season this year. If it goes it goes. If we lose we lose. Lol 

My expectations are lowered with this offense and receiving group. 

i don’t get that. if he thinks we’re building and draft picks are important, what the hell was he doing rolling with only 4 draft picks this past year?

we’re the same as last year or weaker at literally every position group except maybe OLB. that’s damning, imo.

It should have been addressed this summer. When Taylor Gabriel, John Brown..shoot even Sammy Watkins, when those guys were on the street, we should have done something then. Like Choc and others said earlier. I know I was one of the many who wanted a WR signing in the summer. Sucks we had unexpected things happen like Walker and Matthews, but when we are signing Michael Campernero and Nick Williams, we should have made better moves. 

I don't know how the feeling is that our WR group is fine the way it is. They are too young, too inexperienced and too inconsistent. 

Hoping they step up and hope we don't get embarrassed on MNF. 

also, just in general, we're really starting to see the results of the rams trade come to roost right now, and it's downright ugly. from all those picks we got:

- a genuinely excellent RT. that's the one consolation.

- a complete bust of an OLB who basically never saw the field.

- an average DT.

- a situational RB at best who won't get a second contract with the team.

- a top-5-pick WR who has had one 100-yard game in his career to this point

- a #4 receiver with no catch radius and awful hands.

and somehow, we still have people talking about how we need to trust jon robinson?

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

also, just in general, we're really starting to see the results of the rams trade come to roost right now, and it's downright ugly. from all those picks we got:

- an average DT.

and somehow, we still have people talking about how we need to trust jon robinson?

??‍♂️?this hurt but it’s true 

12 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

- an average DT.

Robinson has drafted Conklin, Byard, Sims, Jackson, Brown so far that have turned out to be impactful players. It's hard to say what Davis is at this point as he's only just recently passed 16 games played. Then from this past draft we've got Evans who did look lost to start, but against Baltimore and and LAC has looked better both weeks. Landry has shown signs of being a really good pass rusher, and Cruikshank has been an ace special teamer. Obviously early on them but positive signs so far, especially for Landry.

So while his haul from the trade might not be the best outside of Conklin, his overall drafting has still been really good.

His first two seasons of drafting netted 2 all pro players, a guy who seems to be developing in to a #1 corner in Jackson, a solid ILB in Brown and a guy in Sims who is probably a #3 CB on most rosters.

I imagine you compare that two year/2016-2017 haul with every other team in the NFL it's gonna be among the tops in the league.

He's definitely proven he can be trusted in the draft.

19 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

- an average DT.

While painted in that light, it doesn't look pretty, but if you look at the draft in totality.....

All-Pro RT 
Starting DT
All-Pro Safety
NFL WR in reality a #3 WR in Sharpe
A NFL caliber CB that can start in a pinch in Sims.

Starting NFL CB-Jackson
Starting NFL LB- Brown
Starting NFL WR in Davis (only year 2)
NFL level WR in Taylor
Serviceable TE in Smith

Starting OLB- Landry
Unknown in Evans

We should have gotten another WR in FA to compliment the WR core and be able to produce opposite of Davis. 

He has filled this roster with NFL talent through the draft. I think that is all you could ask for from a GM, draft wise. 
Where he has fallen short is supplementing the draft with Free Agents that allow the draft players to develop. I mean everyone isn't OBJ, Von Miller, Aaron Donald or Zach Ertz. So if a player is a sure fire star they are going to need time. But they can't get time, if they are thrown in spots that don't suit them (example Sharpe being a starting WR when he should have been a #3.)

I think that is the difference with us and other organizations. We don't match up the FA talent acquisitions with the draft talent. Patriots don't draft superstars. But they do sign FA talent cheaply or effectively, then they develop their players into starters/stars. Helps when you have a HOF QB. But I hope that makes sense.

So, I think Robinson is nailing the draft for the most part. As good as an GM could.

He is failing in the Free Agent department.

11 minutes ago, grizzans3222 said:

I agree with most of that post.. i cant agree with smith being serviceable..Hes terrible.. but i agree with just about everything else 

Again, I think expectations are in place here.

He is an 3rd round TE from a smaller school. He is in year 2. Is he a starting TE at the moment no. At best he is an #2 TE that should see the field in certain packages. But he is forced into a role he clearly isn't ready for.  Does that mean he will be a terrible pro? I don't think so, even though it's trending that way. 

Lets just hope that LaFleur finally understand that our best chance at winning right is to unleash Derrick Henry and lean on the defense. Hopefully Fowler’s addition is really to get Henry going. Also I think our best receiving TE is Stocker and he needs to be used more than just as a blocker ( especially in the RZ ) . I am not ready to give up on the young receiving group , just wish we had a veteran to kind of be the mentor . 

2 hours ago, Abdoulaye said:

Lets just hope that LaFleur finally understand that our best chance at winning right is to unleash Derrick Henry and lean on the defense. Hopefully Fowler’s addition is really to get Henry going. Also I think our best receiving TE is Stocker and he needs to be used more than just as a blocker ( especially in the RZ ) . I am not ready to give up on the young receiving group , just wish we had a veteran to kind of be the mentor . 

Stocker barely catches 1 TD pass and all of a sudden he's the best receiving TE? Wow

That's more of an indictment on Jonnu Smith than a testament of Stocker's ability.

Archived