Titans Roster Moves ( updated: Logan Ryan to IR. Durden to 53, President to Practice Squad)

TitanLegend

Words can't describe how disappointed I am that this regime can't get the run game to work without a fullback. 

This seems like a desperation play from J Rob. Seems to me he's doubling down on Henry because he's well aware that currently, it looks like all those 2nd round picks from his 1st draft won't produce a player worth a 2nd contract. Dodds gone, Johnson is just a guy, and Henry is only effective if you play 1980's football. 

10 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Words can't describe how disappointed I am that this regime can't get the run game to work without a fullback. 

This seems like a desperation play from J Rob. Seems to me he's doubling down on Henry because he's well aware that currently, it looks like all those 2nd round picks from his 1st draft won't produce a player worth a 2nd contract. Dodds gone, Johnson is just a guy, and Henry is only effective if you play 1980's football. 

Not really, but some what true. It’s like lafleur offense is the shanahan zone run west coast offense. McVay offense is zone run, shanahan concepts, but Gruden passing routes. I’ve been saying this day 1, Henry is Eddie, Peterson he runs better with a lead block. He’s not a shotgun RB or run it single back formation. His Alabama days he ran in a zone offense wit a lead blocker. Now we should see more Power I, inside zone, counter trap

I really don’t think Henry is a bust, he’s just a guy that has to be used right, he can’t play in any system. To be honest I know I sound stupid but I think he’ll be a better TE than RB, but I wish the titans would start Lewis he’s a complete back & is better

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I do think it would align to a tweet I saw from one of the talking heads, saying that Robinson thinks we are still building and draft picks are important. 

I'm not going to get all wrapped up in the season this year. If it goes it goes. If we lose we lose. Lol 

My expectations are lowered with this offense and receiving group. 

Funny... considering we ended up with 3 draft picks this year... not including the 6th round throw away... 

25 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Not really, but some what true. It’s like lafleur offense is the shanahan zone run west coast offense. McVay offense is zone run, shanahan concepts, but Gruden passing routes. I’ve been saying this day 1, Henry is Eddie, Peterson he runs better with a lead block. He’s not a shotgun RB or run it single back formation. His Alabama days he ran in a zone offense wit a lead blocker. Now we should see more Power I, inside zone, counter trap

I just hate that we need a fullback to run the ball. This, imo, was part of why we moved on from Mularkey and Robiske. It will be blatantly obvious to all when we trot out Henry and a fullback what we're trying to do.

I'm sick of our offense being incapable of playing anything effectively but Fisherball. Its been damn near two decades that the only formula to win in Nashville is a big running back with a lead blocker, a oft injured QB whose a better runner than passer,  Hopes and prayers at WR, a kicker who is our perennial offensive MVP, and a defense that must be very good in order to keep the game close with all the FGs on offense. 

I just want more, I thought drafting Mariota would do it, I thought drafting a WR high in the draft would do, I thought bringing in the young, new, innovative OC would do it, but no... We are cursed to forever play Fisherball here in Nashville. 

15 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I just hate that we need a fullback to run the ball. This, imo, was part of why we moved on from Mularkey and Robiske. It will be blatantly obvious to all when we trot out Henry and a fullback what we're trying to do.

I'm sick of our offense being incapable of playing anything effectively but Fisherball. Its been damn near two decades that the only formula to win in Nashville is a big running back with a lead blocker, a oft injured QB whose a better runner than passer,  Hopes and prayers at WR, a kicker who is our perennial offensive MVP, and a defense that must be very good in order to keep the game close with all the FGs on offense. 

I just want more, I thought drafting Mariota would do it, I thought drafting a WR high in the draft would do, I thought bringing in the young, new, innovative OC would do it, but no... We are cursed to forever play Fisherball here in Nashville. 

I have no idea how a Titans team would look if we started throwing the ball all over and scoring 25 plus points a game. It does seem no matter what we do, we always tend to lean back to trying to lead the league in rushing.

25 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

yup. we’re a pitifully boring team to watch and have been ever since I’ve been a fan. i don’t know why i stick with it, lol.

8 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

The patriots use a full back, the ravens, & redskins & when the falcons had Kyle shanahan they had a full back, a full back doesn’t necessarily mean your offense will be stone aged, however I agree with everything else you said, we just have to remain loyal fans & see ??‍♂️

Kyle Shannahan actually prioritizes a fullback in his offense. They just gave theirs a 4 year 21 million dollar deal. More than a lot of running backs.

It's important to have one that isn't just a ram rod though. They have to be able to catch the ball out of the backfield. Jusczcyk already has 19 receptions on the season.

Also, if our FB can pass block, we could always go singleback and motion Lewis out to the slot when they load the box.

33 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Kyle Shannahan actually prioritizes a fullback in his offense. They just gave theirs a 4 year 21 million dollar deal. More than a lot of running backs.

It's important to have one that isn't just a ram rod though. They have to be able to catch the ball out of the backfield. Jusczcyk already has 19 receptions on the season.

Also, if our FB can pass block, we could always go singleback and motion Lewis out to the slot when they load the box.

If FB is such an important component of his offense then I am kind of dumbfounded we waited this long to add one to our roster. LaFleur has looked awful as hell so far.

9 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

If FB is such an important component of his offense then I am kind of dumbfounded we waited this long to add one to our roster. LaFleur has looked awful as hell so far.

They thought they could get by with a bum like Stocker playing the HB/FB role. Now they think adding Fowler and putting Stocker more on the line over Jonnu will magically help the run game. Newsflash, the run game isn’t improving until they fix that god awful interior OL.

46 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Beddingfield actually said on midday 180 yesterday that Fowler has arguably the best hands on the team and he just wasn’t used much in the pass game before with the previous staff. Not sure I believe that but here we are. Not expecting much from a guy who will likely only play 5-8 snaps a game.

Archived