Titans Roster Moves ( updated: Logan Ryan to IR. Durden to 53, President to Practice Squad)

TitanLegend

8 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

And just to compare Dez and Matthews... 

in the past two seasons

Bryant - 29 games, 228 targets, 119 receptions, 1634 yards, 13.7 ypr, 14 TDs

Rishard - 30 games, 195 targets, 118 receptions, 1740 yards, 14.7 ypr, 13 TDs

Most of us outside Dallas, and even some there don't believe Dak is a good QB.  "But some of this stems from Prescott's passes. PFF deemed 40 of Prescott's 112 targets of Bryant uncatchable. And the receiver's batted down several other near-interceptions from the defensive backs guarding him... Some attribute the dropoff to a lack of chemistry between Bryant and quarterback Dak Prescott." 

As far as drops, "when it comes to literal passes dropped, the sun glare at AT&T Stadium remains a factor."  PFF had him 2nd in the league in 2017 with 9 drops (other sites range from 5-10)... but he wasn't close to the worst when it comes to drop percentage... of notable receivers, OBJ was at 19.35%, Cooper was at 19.23%... much higher than Dez' 12.5.  DThomas (10.98), KAllen (9.28), and JJones (8.83) were other high tier players on that list.  The year before, Dez' drop % was 3.85...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/12/24/cowboys-wr-dez-bryants-drops-seahawks-ezekiel-elliott-rest-league-stats-last-year 

Part of me wants to kick the tires since we need wideouts, the other part of me is fearful he’ll come in and be selfish trying to build his case for one last big contract since he knows this is probably his last year to prove it (even though we all know he’s not gonna get it anyways).

23 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Part of me wants to kick the tires since we need wideouts, the other part of me is fearful he’ll come in and be selfish trying to build his case for one last big contract since he knows this is probably his last year to prove it (even though we all know he’s not gonna get it anyways).

Pretty much feel the same, man. We're obviously not going to find any great options in FA right now... But I don't know how anyone is comfortable just going with Sharpe, Jennings, and Williams 3-5.

I know no one could have predicted us losing Walker and Matthews... But even with them in tow, some of us weren't comfortable with the receiver depth going into the season... And here we are. 

I've heard the argument about Dez coming in immediately making waves demanding targets... But I don't if people realize we've now lost our 4 leading pass catchers from last year...

Walker - 74, Decker - 54, Matthews - 53, Murray - 39, Davis - 34...

There's catches to be had... We essentially have Davis, Taylor, and Lewis... That's it. We  saved a few million cutting Matthew's, why not spend it to see if Dez can help make up for those losses. 

8 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Pretty much feel the same, man. We're obviously not going to find any great options in FA right now... But I don't know how anyone is comfortable just going with Sharpe, Jennings, and Williams 3-5.

I know no one could have predicted us losing Walker and Matthews... But even with them in tow, some of us weren't comfortable with the receiver depth going into the season... And here we are. 

I've heard the argument about Dez coming in immediately making waves demanding targets... But I don't if people realize we've now lost our 4 leading pass catchers from last year...

Walker - 74, Decker - 54, Matthews - 53, Murray - 39, Davis - 34...

There's catches to be had... We essentially have Davis, Taylor, and Lewis... That's it. We  saved a few million cutting Matthew's, why not spend it to see if Dez can help make up for those losses. 

Yeah I don’t think anyone’s comfortable with 3-5, but for me I think they deserve a chance to prove their worth because they did make it through the OTA-training camp-preseason grind and because of that they atleast have somewhat of a rapport with Marcus and everything that comes with LaFleur’s offense. If one of them blow their opportunity this afternoon I say screw it and bring in a motivated Dez (would probably actually be Williams who would get demoted back down to the PS since Jennings has played well in spots and we have an inexplicable hard on for Sharpe for whatever reason). No time for chokers. If that becomes the scenario we find ourselves in, hopefully because he’s a vet he can pick up the offense quickly.

Damn... I was almost certain we were going to sign Dez this week.  Dez' tweet that he was signing with someone soon had me believing that.  Maybe the coaches saw enough from the young guys to cement them on a no... and maybe that's why Dez is now saying he wants to go back to Dallas. 

Oh well... I hope Williams gets his shot this week, see what he can do in the slot.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I had a big draft crush on Hansen.  

He's an interesting developmental guy for sure. Doubt anything comes from it but has more potential than some of the other guys we've had on PS lately. 

Crazy that there hasn't really be anything developing Rishard. Guessing he's regretting being so hard-headed. 

2 minutes ago, VY said:

He's an interesting developmental guy for sure. Doubt anything comes from it but has more potential than some of the other guys we've had on PS lately. 

Crazy that there hasn't really be anything developing Rishard. Guessing he's regretting being so hard-headed. 

Listening to the press conferences by Vrabel/JRob, I got the impression there were some atypical conditions surrounding the release. Thought maybe we would hear something about that. 

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Giants looking to trade OT Flowers. No idea how good or bad he is but with Lewan a question mark, Kelly still dealing with that random sickness, and Pamphile out on IR...we could use some depth 

Honestly, I don’t think Marz is worse.... Flowers is that bad. Nobody is trading for him.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Honestly, I don’t think Marz is worse.... Flowers is that bad. Nobody is trading for him.

I thought Marz struggled at LT. I think he fit better at RT.  If Lewan can't go, I wonder how reasonable is it to move Conklin to LT and Marz at RT, where I think he did well.

Archived