NFL Comp Committee realizes they done messed up, reviewing RTP

RuskieTitan

16 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

The Jets Browns game was one of the most watched Thursday night games in recent memory. And it was Tyrod v Darnold for most of the first half.

Ratings are going up. Nobody seems to care who the QBs are.

That game was more about the Browns potentially snapping there winless streak and the "potential" of Mayfield getting to play more then anything.

I care. Much rather watch Carson Wentz then say Nate Sudfeld or Nick Foles. Just saying. 

20 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Almost as unfair as it would be for the defensive players who sack these guys to have to roll off/not land on them. It's a terrible situation for everyone. It's an absolute joke. You can't blitz the A/B gap or stunt anymore on interior rush.

eventually they will ban blitzing or make it 2 hand touch on the QB's. With QB's playing into their 40's and getting 15% of the cap after their first 5 years,  that should net the QB a half a billon $, so if they require a manicure they should be able to afford it .  I don't expect older viewers to watch the product and the ratings will fall. Foolish celebrations won't save the league either, and more CTE cases won't help. Enjoy whats left, the end of what remains is near unless they get the right people on these committees 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

That game was more about the Browns potentially snapping there winless streak and the "potential" of Mayfield getting to play more then anything.

I care. Much rather watch Carson Wentz then say Nate Sudfeld or Nick Foles. Just saying. 

I am not like this. As long as the QB play is decent,I prefer good hitting and tackling , rushing attack and coaching.  That of course is rare, but when a game has that it's much better for me anyways. I am tired of all the QB hype and how soft the game is now but once in a while the games are good.  Agree about the snapping winless streak comment, I thought they would have video footage of the beer fridges opening but they didn't :(

The league's becoming a joke, and they're just now realizing it's a problem? FFS, Willie Hayes tore his ACL trying to do the impossible and not land on Derek Carr while making a tackle. You might as well give the QBs red jerseys and enforce 2-hand touch rules on them.

4 hours ago, KManX89 said:

The league's becoming a joke, and they're just now realizing it's a problem? FFS, Willie Hayes tore his ACL trying to do the impossible and not land on Derek Carr while making a tackle. You might as well give the QBs red jerseys and enforce 2-hand touch rules on them.

Or players can attend the Aaron Donald school of tackling. Both of his sacks last night, were text book as to how to sack a QB with these rules. Now had AD suplexed the QB instead of thrown, it would of been flagged.

Some players are adapting some are not. Hayes injury is unfortunate but fluke injuries occur all the time.

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Or players can attend the Aaron Donald school of tackling. Both of his sacks last night, were text book as to how to sack a QB with these rules. Now had AD suplexed the QB instead of thrown, it would of been flagged.

Some players are adapting some are not. Hayes injury is unfortunate but fluke injuries occur all the time.

He got injured trying not to make a legit football play.

You don't see how that's a problem?

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Speaking of fluke injuries...Rodgers injury last year doesn’t happen very often. Huge over reaction by the league. 

Archived