Packers sign CB Breeland

Arthur Penske

25 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

oh and once agian “ free agents don’t like GB” proven incorrect as Breeland chose GB over NOLA

I still think it applies. We can easily look over the past 2 decades and say "well that FA just wanted to play with a HOF QB and win", which is probably more likely than shipping to GB for the nightlife.

3 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

I still think it applies. We can easily look over the past 2 decades and say "well that FA just wanted to play with a HOF QB and win", which is probably more likely than shipping to GB for the nightlife.

For some players sure, but not every player  has nightlife as their priority.

case in point:

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Gute's actions during his 9 months on the job are certainly eviscerating many of the most common "explanations" proffered for the Packers inactivity in free agency (and trades) under the previous regime. 

It's nice to have a GM that actually utilizes all facets for adding talent.  Gute is a huge upgrade in my opinion.

Okay - gotta ask the question.  With the coverage skills Breeland was showing off in the highlight video posted by earlier in this thread - why was this guy on the street (outside the foot injury).

Is there another lowlight reel out there somewhere?

Just now, Leader said:

Okay - gotta ask the question.  With the coverage skills Breeland was showing off in the highlight video posted by earlier in this thread - why was this guy on the street (outside the foot injury).

I believe he got a free agent deal with Carolina this off season, but the injury caused a failed physical.

Apparently he is finally healthy.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

It might have taken a while for his foot to get right .. had a cut that required a skin graft .. that's a pretty big cut.  I read that he had received a lot of interest, but was waiting for the right opportunity.  I guess he found it.  He's a good football player .. 7 forced fumbles in this career .. a solid tackler .. 19 pass deflections last season.

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I believe he got a free agent deal with Carolina this off season, but the injury caused a failed physical.

Apparently he is finally healthy.

Damn. We  might have gotten really lucky. I definitely like that highlight reel. He looks like a press man / 1 on 1 / long armed PBU / INT kinda CB.

Just now, Leader said:

Damn. We  might have gotten really lucky. I definitely like that highlight reel. He looks like a press man / 1 on 1 / long armed PBU / INT kinda CB.

Yeah .. Carolina paid him 3 year - 24 mil with an 11 mil signing bonus.  He cut his foot before he could ink the deal and they opted to rip it up and move on without him.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It might have taken a while for his foot to get right .. had a cut that required a skin graft .. that's a pretty big cut.  I read that he had received a lot of interest, but was waiting for the right opportunity.  I guess he found it.  He's a good football player .. 7 forced fumbles in this career .. a solid tackler .. 19 pass deflections last season.

I think the bad part was that it got infected

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Good player but needs the right home. Not a problem here though. Couldn't ask for a better fit.

Archived