Packers sign CB Breeland

Arthur Penske

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hear ya, but why would you want to take a four year starter who garnered an 8 mil per year deal and move him to safety?

Because we might be better with King and Jackson on the boundary, Jaire in the slot and Breeland and HHCD as our 'safeties'.

Just wondering out loud if he might have the skillset to be our #4 CB but our #2 safety in some packages is all.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I know, but just wondering what his skillset is.

He's not very fast but there are very few lost steps from him. Very smooth athlete with great hips. Pretty quick and competitive as they come. Willing in run support. Always around the action and has a habit of impacting plays. He's not an elite talent and needs to be in the right system but he's a very good football player that gives you everything he has.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Sounds good to me.  I'd love to hear Palmy's take on our safety situation.  Palmy .. what say you?

Don't know what there is to say. Don't love the room but I wouldn't cry about it either really. 

Jones and Brice both have very clear coverage limitations and Clinton-Dix can't run well enough to offset it. I think Clinton-Dix, Brice, and Jones can all play in this league. Just not sure they can truly shine together. I can see why they haven't given up hope. There is clearly some talent to work with. Unfortunately I'm not sure Whitehead isn't the one I trust the most and he's a very average talent. 

It'll get better. Hard when you lose your unquestioned leader. 

Archived