Packers sign CB Breeland

Arthur Penske

Explanation of Breeland's foot injury......

"Breeland's injury dates to his childhood, when he got his left foot caught in the spokes of a bicycle. With the skin on the back of his heel shredded, doctors performed a skin graft from his left arm. The foot didn't give him any problems until this offseason, when he got hit by a golf cart while on vacation in the Dominican Republic.

That was two weeks before free agency, when he signed a three-year, $24 million contract with the Panthers. Upon reporting to Carolina, he failed his physical and that voided the deal.

Breeland said when word spread about his injury and the infection that followed, it got blown out of proportion.

"They said I had an infection but not a major infection," Breeland said. "I don't really see how that got out there like it was infected like I was losing my foot or something. But it was just a freak accident."

On 9/27/2018 at 8:37 AM, Leader said:

Explanation of Breeland's foot injury......

"Breeland's injury dates to his childhood, when he got his left foot caught in the spokes of a bicycle. With the skin on the back of his heel shredded, doctors performed a skin graft from his left arm. The foot didn't give him any problems until this offseason, when he got hit by a golf cart while on vacation in the Dominican Republic.

That was two weeks before free agency, when he signed a three-year, $24 million contract with the Panthers. Upon reporting to Carolina, he failed his physical and that voided the deal.

Breeland said when word spread about his injury and the infection that followed, it got blown out of proportion.

"They said I had an infection but not a major infection," Breeland said. "I don't really see how that got out there like it was infected like I was losing my foot or something. But it was just a freak accident."

Foot caught in the spokes and chewed off his skin. Damn that sounds painfull.

13 hours ago, VegasDan said:

Foot caught in the spokes and chewed off his skin. Damn that sounds painfull.

My dad always told me a story about a girl that was riding her bike in front of our house, who was riding bare foot and got her foot mangled in the spokes.  He said he had to get wire cutters to cut the spokes out to free her mangled foot.  I don't know if that is a true story or not, but I always wore shoes when riding my bike because of that story.

Archived