Who Has The Better Offense? Rams or Chiefs

stl4life07

That is the debate recently and I want to hear what everyone has to say.

My personal opinion is I believe the Rams have the better offense. They are doing everything the Chiefs are doing plus some.

-The Rams lead the NFL in explosive plays (10+yds rushing and 20+yds passing)

-The Rams scored on 55% of their drives this season

-The Rams 3 and out percentage is 6.9% which is 1st in the NFL. The Chiefs is tied at 3rd with the Raiders with 25.0%

-The greatest stat in my opinion is the Rams only have ONE, yes one 3 and out the entire season on a drive. That came on the first drive to open the season against the Raiders. I chalk that up to them being rusty because none of the guys on offense played a single snap during the preseason.

So again I think the Rams have the better offense. They have the best offense in the NFL I get that Mahomes is the shiny new toy and everyone, including myself, loves what he is doing with the Chiefs. In year 2 with McVay, Goff has taken this offense to another level so far. Its scary. The Rams are doing all of this without the usage of the tight ends. Teams know the Rams are going to line up 11 personnel (3 WR/1TE/1 HB) the majority of the time and they still cant stop it. I cant wait to see the day where Higbee and/or Everett start to really be a big factor. When that happens, teams can just forget about just slowing them down because the only way they are slowed down is if they shoot themselves in the foot.

27 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Please stop making posts about how great the Rams are. I love the Rams but i'm getting tired of it already. 

I’m not understanding.

Its not me making a stand-off post about the Rams. If you watch ESPN shows or NFL network you will see that the last few days the topic has been who has the better offense Rams or Chiefs? I just took it to here to get y’all opinion. So don’t bash me for that. Bash the media for making it a debate over the past few days. 

33 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Please stop making posts about how great the Rams are. I love the Rams but i'm getting tired of it already. 

Judging by your reaction though I do take it that once you saw the topic of “who has the better offense Rams or Chiefs” on Good Morning Football then you see the same topic on First Take you don’t bother watching Around The Horn or Pardon the Interruption. Heck they even debated this on NFL Aftermath and NFL 1st and Prime. So if you got a problem with me bring it up on here, you must hate it hear the media bring it up lol. 

Rams. In terms of talent, I'll take their QB, RB and OL over the Chiefs. Receiving corp is a push. Also trust McVay much more as a playcaller than Reid, granted they both are fantastic at drawing up plays and getting the best out of their QB.

Chiefs have been a big play offense which I don't trust long term, as opposed to the way the Rams have just been able to move it methodically at will. I'll say the Chiefs offense is more dangerous in the sense that they can rip you for a big play with each of those 3 top weapons and Mahomes cannon at any time, and that might make them scarier to play, but personally I would rather have the Rams offense. In the Chiefs' defense, we haven't really gotten an opportunity to see if they can still roll on offense even if the big plays aren't there, they very well may be. TBD. It's close enough either way that my opinion here could change in a few weeks.

38 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think we can all agree the common denominator here is Sammy Watkins. ?

Yeah but to be fair Watkins came to the Rams right before the season started. 

The thing is both Watkins and Cooks had the entire offseason with their respective teams. People actually thought Cooks would be just like Watkins this season for the Rams when he was traded to the Rams. This is not a hot take, Cooks are having a better season so far than Watkins is having. 

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Rams. In terms of talent, I'll take their QB, RB and OL over the Chiefs. Receiving corp is a push. Also trust McVay much more as a playcaller than Reid, granted they both are fantastic at drawing up plays and getting the best out of their QB.

Chiefs have been a big play offense which I don't trust long term, as opposed to the way the Rams have just been able to move it methodically at will. I'll say the Chiefs offense is more dangerous in the sense that they can rip you for a big play with each of those 3 top weapons and Mahomes cannon at any time, and that might make them scarier to play, but personally I would rather have the Rams offense. In the Chiefs' defense, we haven't really gotten an opportunity to see if they can still roll on offense even if the big plays aren't there, they very well may be. TBD. It's close enough either way that my opinion here could change in a few weeks.

The Chiefs and Rams actually have an equal number of 20+ yard plays, and despite that, the Chiefs have a higher yards per play. So the stats don't really support what you're saying there. Each team has one long TD (53 to Kupp, 58 to Hill) and one long D/ST TD (Hill's punt return and Peters's INT return) and other than that each team is doing most of the scoring on longer drives and <20 yard plays in the red zone.

58 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah but to be fair Watkins came to the Rams right before the season started. 

The thing is both Watkins and Cooks had the entire offseason with their respective teams. People actually thought Cooks would be just like Watkins this season for the Rams when he was traded to the Rams. This is not a hot take, Cooks are having a better season so far than Watkins is having. 

Hill is having a better season than either. Of course Cooks is going to be doing better than Watkins, when Cooks is a #1 and Watkins is a #2.

Archived