Who Has The Better Offense? Rams or Chiefs

stl4life07

4 hours ago, Gmen said:

Sure but at the end of the day you still take the Chiefs because Mahomes >> Goff.  In tough games the quarterback will be the difference. 

To be fair though, have we seen Mahomes make a lot of tight window throws this season? Like that was the biggest knock on Goff last season. People kept saying Goff was completing a lot of his passes to receivers that were wide open. This season so far Goff is throwing into tight windows and completing them at a high rate.

Like I get it that we saw Mahomes spin around roll to his right and throw a td pass to a wide open guy in the back of the endzone. That play was spectacular. What Goff did where he threw across the field to Woods near the sideline between two Chargers defenders in the smallest of windows. That is a big time throw that elite QBs have to make in the NFL. I love Mahomes no doubt but he hasn’t been tested yet after just 4 starts to say he is better than Goff.

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Hill is having a better season than either. Of course Cooks is going to be doing better than Watkins, when Cooks is a #1 and Watkins is a #2.

Watkins is the Chiefs true number one. That’s not me saying it that’s what has been reported all throughout camp. Watkins was hurt I believe in camp which made him be behind in building that chemistry with Mahomes that Hill clearly did while Watkins was dealing with his injury early in camp..

21 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Watkins is the Chiefs true number one. That’s not me saying it that’s what has been reported all throughout camp. Watkins was hurt I believe in camp which made him be behind in building that chemistry with Mahomes that Hill clearly did while Watkins was dealing with his injury early in camp..

No, he's not, and no, it wasn't. At no point has Sammy Watkins been our top WR. Even if he ever was on the depth chart, he's clearly the offense's #3 target. Hill is the better and more involved player.

28 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

To be fair though, have we seen Mahomes make a lot of tight window throws this season? Like that was the biggest knock on Goff last season. People kept saying Goff was completing a lot of his passes to receivers that were wide open. This season so far Goff is throwing into tight windows and completing them at a high rate.

Like I get it that we saw Mahomes spin around roll to his right and throw a td pass to a wide open guy in the back of the endzone. That play was spectacular. What Goff did where he threw across the field to Woods near the sideline between two Chargers defenders in the smallest of windows. That is a big time throw that elite QBs have to make in the NFL. I love Mahomes no doubt but he hasn’t been tested yet after just 4 starts to say he is better than Goff.

That's just incorrect.

@Jakuvious So the Chiefs paid Watkins all that money not to be the true number one receiver? Nobody said he was better than Hill. Watkins has the size and speed. He is a redzone threat. Like even last season as great as Hill was people kept saying “if only the Chiefs had a true number one receiver to play opposite of Hill”. Well the Chiefs have that guy in Watkins. 

Also you saying the guy wasn’t wide open in the back of the endzone? I’ve seen the play a lot and he was as wide open as you are going to get in the NFL. Great play though so I’m not taking anything away from it. I’m not going to act like Mahomes had to fit it into a tight window where defenders was covering the receiver tightly. 

Both offense are impressive but they are way different. 

Chiefs offense is more explosive with the big play and the passing game dominate the whole offense. Running game is useless and ineffective. If defense can stop the passing game, could they run effectively ? 

Rams offense is a more balance offense with passing and running game but running game is an important aspect of the offense. If defense can stop the running game, will Goff step up and lead the offense ? 

57 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Both offense are impressive but they are way different. 

Chiefs offense is more explosive with the big play and the passing game dominate the whole offense. Running game is useless and ineffective. If defense can stop the passing game, could they run effectively ? 

Rams offense is a more balance offense with passing and running game but running game is an important aspect of the offense. If defense can stop the running game, will Goff step up and lead the offense ? 

The question about if the Rams arent running the football well can Goff lead the offense. He answered that in the Cardinals game. The Rams didnt run the ball well in that game. Gurley was held to under 50yds rushing and he left the game due to cramps. Goff still threw for 350+yds and led the offense to score 34pts. 

As for the Chiefs, we have yet to see Hunt do what he did last season that helped him lead the NFL in rushing. I think alot of that has to do with the upgrade with Mahomes. Not saying Smith was bad last season but it feels different from what we saw in the Chiefs last season to this season. What I am going to be watching is as the season goes on, will the Chiefs offense hit a wall? Last season the Chiefs was high flying then all of a sudden it hit a wall and started to struggle. It was so bad that Reid had to turn the playcalling duties over to Nagy to get the offense jump started again. We havent seen that from McVay and his offense. Last season there was no stretch of games where the offense hit a wall. Thats why the Rams have scored at least 30pts in 12 of the 19 regular season games dating back to the start of last season. They are actually scoring more points per game this year than they was last season. So much for teams having an entire offseason to figure McVay and the Rams out. At least thats what people kept saying on here. 

32 minutes ago, El ramster said:

So how’s that a push? 

Elite and good are so far apart. 

Baker is good but Tom Brady is elite (push). 

Hey bro, this isn't a competition. Even if you go by that, it will still be a push because you may have the advantage at RB, but lose the battle at TE which makes it a push 

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Let's look at the play in question:

People say he's got a great OL(Stephen A), but here the OLis blown off the snap right away. So he scrambles away, then Marsh and most of his WRs are on the other side so he spins away again.

conley starts getting open following his movements, but how can you not say it was a tight window? Defenders are converging and Richard Sherman is right there. A lesser QB with worse arm talent and that's an Interception. Not many can rifle it between a clog of defenders like that on the run, Alex Smtih wouldve taken a sack by now.

Next gen stats clocked that throw at 61.25 mph, that fastest throw ever at the combine was 62. And this was imperfect conditions on the run, sidearm, perfect throw. Defense has no chance so it looks like an 'easy throw'(if scrambling 40 yards and making pinpoint accurate throws on the run was easy). But mahomes just makes it look easy.

Can't comment on Goff, but I'm sure it was a great throw i liked him coming out. But how is Mahomes throw not a "big time throw that elite QBs have to make"? How is that not a test?

Archived