Who Has The Better Offense? Rams or Chiefs

stl4life07

On 9/26/2018 at 6:51 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

TBH, the Chiefs, they are both pretty much a push at all levels on the offense except TE, Kelce is an elite TE

Maybe I’m being a homer but Kupp looks to be well on his way to being elite.

I'm going to say Chiefs, simply because Travis Kelce is a mismatch nightmare. The QBs are pushes, the WRs is a slight advantage to the Rams, the RB is a little bit bigger advantage to the Rams, the OL is slightly better for the Chiefs - but Kelce is significantly better than any TE on the Rams roster (significantly) and the mismatch he brings to the table as a 6' 5" 280 freak who can run a full route tree puts the Chiefs over the top, IMO. 

38 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Do the Rams have a better O-Line than the Chiefs? I think their skill positions are pretty close though. Both have good WRs, Rams have the better overall RB, Chiefs have the better TE. Both QBs are playing great, I hope they can continue as the year goes on

Aaron Kromer is pretty good at his job. Not sure who is at KC.

Intersting stat though through four games the Rams has just three three and outs.

I dont know if this has been mentioned or not but the Rams are running out the same set 11 personnel (3 WR/1 TE/1 HB) 97% of the time and still are having great success. In a league where teams try to run multiple sets to find matchups, the Rams are putting the same group out there the entire game and still cant be stopped.

Really close. If we’re compartmentalizing, I think the Rams have an edge talent wise. Their line is playing better IMO and Gurley beats Hunt rather easily (even if KC has other weapons like DAT and Ware, while LA has scrubs behind Gurley). Hill and Cools are close - the former is a more dynamic playmaker but the latter is the better receiver IYAM while being a close athlete. Woods and Kupp are easy choices over Watkins and Conley, for me. Kelce is a big swing factor for KC, though. 

Mahomes vs Goff? Two great, young QBs. I think Mahomes has been a bit more impressive, but I also believe he’s more prone to regress a little as the season goes than Goff will. Toss up there. McVay and Reid too. 

At the end of the day, my expectation for Goff’s consistency, Gurley, the Rams’ deeper receiving group, and their OL lead me to believe they’ll be the more dangerous offense as the season goes. But it could go either way, honestly.

20 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Really close. If we’re compartmentalizing, I think the Rams have an edge talent wise. Their line is playing better IMO and Gurley beats Hunt rather easily (even if KC has other weapons like DAT and Ware, while LA has scrubs behind Gurley). Hill and Cools are close - the former is a more dynamic playmaker but the latter is the better receiver IYAM while being a close athlete. Woods and Kupp are easy choices over Watkins and Conley, for me. Kelce is a big swing factor for KC, though. 

Mahomes vs Goff? Two great, young QBs. I think Mahomes has been a bit more impressive, but I also believe he’s more prone to regress a little as the season goes than Goff will. Toss up there. McVay and Reid too. 

At the end of the day, my expectation for Goff’s consistency, Gurley, the Rams’ deeper receiving group, and their OL lead me to believe they’ll be the more dangerous offense as the season goes. But it could go either way, honestly.

I disagree on LA having srubs behind Gurley. I think Kelly was a gem in the draft and looked impressive in preseason. He just hasnt been active in the regular season. Its funny because people was so mad he went to the Rams. Had he went to a running back needy team like the Colts, he would probably be considered as a OROY candidate by the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I disagree on LA having srubs behind Gurley. I think Kelly was a gem in the draft and looked impressive in preseason. He just hasnt been active in the regular season. Its funny because people was so mad he went to the Rams. Had he went to a running back needy team like the Colts, he would probably be considered as a OROY candidate by the end of the season. 

Next Higbee and Everett actually aren’t that far off from Kelce and Harris?

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Next Higbee and Everett actually aren’t that far off from Kelce and Harris?

No they're not close to those TE. But calling our backup backs scrubs is further from the truth than claiming our TE are close to Kelce and Harris. Brown is good and has looked very good in his carries this year. The other two in Davis and Kelly are young and unproven but definitely not scrubs.

Archived