? Week 4: 2-1 Bucs vs 2-1 Bears

Jimmy Austin

Crazy how it is already week 4. This is the last game before the bye week. 

The Bucs have blown out the Bears a combined 65-17 the last 2 years but this team has much improved and has one of the better defenses in the NFL. Whoever the QB is better be wary of one Khalil Mack. 

I like the good guys in this one 24-21. 

I have zero faith in the Bucs defense, especially on the road.  It's ashame because it isn't a personnel issue.  I m very concerned about the Bears misdirection confusing the crap out of this offense.  

Is it coincidence the last time this team ran the ball consistently there wasn't an oline rotation at a guard position?  Maybe Head Coach Koetter can start to help out his defense because quite frankly it is at the bottom of the barrel.

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Did you both forget that the bucs will also be playing d in the game.  I'd be shocked if we don't give up 30+ again 

We're great at stopping the run and their QB is Trubisky throwing to nobody. We'll blow a coverage or two and give up some points. But I think that's it.

We held Philly to 21. We should hold the Bears to 10. But I think they'll score a bit more than that.

So last game against Pittsburgh I noticed something. You know how Mike Tomlin kept saying all week "we will not let Fitz be comfortable"? Well he did just that. At one point, I don't know if you guys noticed, but the Steelers defense was blitzing on every single down. And it was working.

Chicago on the other hand has a much better defense and I am sure they saw the tape on that. Pretty much you have to be an idiot to give Fitz an open clean pocket. You would be begging for him to pick you apart. I see the same strategy being used by the Bears. Our O-line has to step up along with all the backs to pick up these blitzes, and Fitz cannot crumble under pressure. 

1 hour ago, Calibucsfan said:

So last game against Pittsburgh I noticed something. You know how Mike Tomlin kept saying all week "we will not let Fitz be comfortable"? Well he did just that. At one point, I don't know if you guys noticed, but the Steelers defense was blitzing on every single down. And it was working.

Chicago on the other hand has a much better defense and I am sure they saw the tape on that. Pretty much you have to be an idiot to give Fitz an open clean pocket. You would be begging for him to pick you apart. I see the same strategy being used by the Bears. Our O-line has to step up along with all the backs to pick up these blitzes, and Fitz cannot crumble under pressure. 

I think they clean it up this time...   A lot of that was just miscommunication between the O-line Smith played much better than Beneoch at RG so they may switch.  I feel Monken will add in more max protect with OJ on the field to help mitigate that. (or that's what I would do anyways).

Archived