? Week 4: 2-1 Bucs vs 2-1 Bears

Jimmy Austin

3 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Look at the rules of the league today. Average offenses are throwing 300 per. Most DCs should be fired then. 

We're allowing opposing QBs to complete 78% of their passes. That's the worst in the NFL. 

Only three teams allow more than 300 yards passing per game. We're one of them at 362 yards per game. Tied with KC for dead last.

Only the Saints' allowance of a 141.7 QBR is worse than our 117.1.

The only teams that have less INTs than we do are San Fran and Dallas. Because they don't have any.

New Orleans and KC are the only two teams to give up more points than we have.

You're gonna have a hard time selling me on this defense.

I'll say this, I think the defense is much improved from last year. But I don't go off stats, I go off what I see on the field. 

Brent Grimes was supposed to be our best DB? He played like crap Monday. 

The pass rush is much improved but not good enough to overcome 2 rookies and a rusty veteran CB. And the safety position is a wreck right now as well. Though Whitehead is showing some promise. 

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

We're allowing opposing QBs to complete 78% of their passes. That's the worst in the NFL. 

Only three teams allow more than 300 yards passing per game. We're one of them at 362 yards per game. Tied with KC for dead last.

Only the Saints' allowance of a 141.7 QBR is worse than our 117.1.

The only teams that have less INTs than we do are San Fran and Dallas. Because they don't have any.

New Orleans and KC are the only two teams to give up more points than we have.

You're gonna have a hard time selling me on this defense.

That s really good research by you, nice job

48 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I'll say this, I think the defense is much improved from last year. But I don't go off stats, I go off what I see on the field. 

Brent Grimes was supposed to be our best DB? He played like crap Monday. 

The pass rush is much improved but not good enough to overcome 2 rookies and a rusty veteran CB. And the safety position is a wreck right now as well. Though Whitehead is showing some promise. 

We're better on third down. But that's about it.

We still give up everything underneath. Then we miss a tackle or blow a coverage and give up huge plays.

Our defense is playing exactly how most offenses try to play; take what's there and lull the defense to sleep before you take your shot.

We're trying the "bend but don't break," but we're shattering more often than not.

5 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Bucs need to establish a ground game but RO Jo has been inactive Bc he was the worst back in camp. 

Some of the blame has to be put on the O-line. They look like a good group when pass blocking. Run blocking is another thing. I have seen them as an entire unit get driven backwards more than a few times now on run plays.

As others have mentioned in this thread, we match up pretty well to the Bears. Not really scared of Mitch and that passing attack and if we have Vea in there our run defense should be solid.

What I am worried about - the short passing game to Cohen and Gabriel - if those guys get in space and our tackling woes continue they could cause a lot of trouble

It'll be interesting to see how we use OJ Howard this game.. I think we have him help with Mack on passing plays as Juice has been pretty good as a blocker this year. Might see ever more two TE sets and have Brate running more routes, or Auclair/Cross helping with Mack and OJ doing his thing in the receiving game. 

Worried about that Hicks/Goldman combo too.. that right side of the line has struggled this year and they could give us some trouble. 

Our best matchup on offense will be with Mike Evans going up against Fuller.. Mike has been pretty good so far this year but I feel like he's on the verge of a BIG game and think this could be it.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

We're better on third down. But that's about it.

We still give up everything underneath. Then we miss a tackle or blow a coverage and give up huge plays.

Our defense is playing exactly how most offenses try to play; take what's there and lull the defense to sleep before you take your shot.

We're trying the "bend but don't break," but we're shattering more often than not.

Maybe he will make some adjustments then. Maybe he should be fired at seasons end, but I just don't like the idea of constant changing of coaches. Though it obviously worked with the OC change. 

1 hour ago, Caaddy24 said:

Vea looks fine, so what does that mean? If there are any concerns of lingering affects, or not being at 100% then I guess I vote to keep him out, but damn. It was a calf injury right? 

I read an article that said the kind of injury Vea had would take the average person about a month to recover from. But Vea is a 350lb man who relies on that specific muscle on every snap. If he comes back too early he could do a lot of damage to it and he'd pretty much be on IR.

I'd rather he sit out an extra week or two. Especially if we're winning. We can bring him in this week or after the bye and he should be fine. Now it's a matter of getting him back into shape. Apparently he's lost 15lbs. So it's not like he's just been sitting on his ***.

1 hour ago, Caaddy24 said:

Maybe he will make some adjustments then. Maybe he should be fired at seasons end, but I just don't like the idea of constant changing of coaches. Though it obviously worked with the OC change. 

I hope so. But I'm not holding my breath. He seems like the kinda coach who sticks to his guns because it's worked once or twice. A lot like Lovie did.

Archived