Bucs place S Chris Conte, the man who got trucked by Vance McDonald, on IR

TheKillerNacho

4 minutes ago, LaserFocus said:

No we all don't get it. We almost never hear about the scores of successful former NFL players who are excelling well after their playing days ended. And plenty of parents are letting their sons play, because the sport is still a positive in our society. This issue of player safety has been framed wrong from the beginning, we can have our cake and eat it too. The changes to the game in recent years have been moronic, smart change is the way to go. This isn't rocket science.  

Because there are enough questions about the negative things that are (or seem to be) happening to players after their careers are over. CTE is a legitimate concern, whether it's an actual problem caused by playing football or not. 

You may not care. But there are plenty of parents who do. There's a reason the NFL has taken a vested interest in their Heads Up campaign and have done their Play 60 stuff. The NFL needs to maintain their pipeline. And that starts with kids playing football.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-09-27 at 8:53 AM, ET80 said:

Give me Leonard Fournette at LSU, stiff-arming a dude into the bowels of hell over all of these options:

7cTr.gif

#1 got CTE on that one. If this was the NFL, Fournette would have been fined.

stiff arms will be illegal next, it is a risk for injury and if a defender does it then it's a penalty.  Hypocritical the rules are, and eventually they will change that once a big name defender gets hurt. Or will they?

On 9/27/2018 at 3:43 PM, bucsfan333 said:

Because there are enough questions about the negative things that are (or seem to be) happening to players after their careers are over. CTE is a legitimate concern, whether it's an actual problem caused by playing football or not. 

You may not care. But there are plenty of parents who do. There's a reason the NFL has taken a vested interest in their Heads Up campaign and have done their Play 60 stuff. The NFL needs to maintain their pipeline. And that starts with kids playing football.

Yes, including myself.  There is no need for tackle football before high school.  

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:37 AM, KManX89 said:

Addition by subtraction. 

Dude is garbage.

Was it really?

They put Conte on IR, and the very next week the Bucs give up 400 yards and 6 TDs to Trubisky

BTW without Conte to blame everything on, who did Buc fans condemn for that laughable excuse for defense?  

I only ask because I'm always being told that the Bucs defense is a bunch of all-stars being held back by Conte.  Without him, they made a bottom 10 QB look like an MVP candidate...

15 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Was it really?

They put Conte on IR, and the very next week the Bucs give up 400 yards and 6 TDs to Trubisky

BTW without Conte to blame everything on, who did Buc fans condemn for that laughable excuse for defense?  

I only ask because I'm always being told that the Bucs defense is a bunch of all-stars being held back by Conte.  Without him, they made a bottom 10 QB look like an MVP candidate...

It wasn't. Conte may suck but the guy behind him clearly sucks even worse. Safety talent in the NFL is at an all-time low.

Conte is average, an ok guy in the lineup but not a guy you’d build around from what I can tell.  Seems the guy(s) behind him are BAD.  Funnily enough he’s probably the guy they need back ASAP despite some fans perceptions.

On 9/27/2018 at 7:53 AM, ET80 said:

Give me Leonard Fournette at LSU, stiff-arming a dude into the bowels of hell over all of these options:

7cTr.gif

#1 got CTE on that one. If this was the NFL, Fournette would have been fined.

I’ll take Bell dribbling Kirkpatrick.

CornyNervousAmericanbulldog-size_restric

9 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It wasn't. Conte may suck but the guy behind him clearly sucks even worse. Safety talent in the NFL is at an all-time low.

We started a guy we brought up from the practice squad THAT week. We're quite banged up on top of being awful.

9 hours ago, frenchie said:

Was it really?

9v68YaU.gif

Who the **** said that?

??????????

Archived