Redskins Get 2 BYE Weeks (Kinda)

Thaiphoon

So we know this week is a BYE week. But did you know that we also get a pseudo bye week at the end of Nov/Beginning of Dec?

We have games each week.

But between weeks 11 and 12 we have 11 days off. That's essentially like having a 2nd BYE week

We DO kinda get screwed by playing the Thanksgiving game in Dallas only 4 days after hosting the Texans. But then we get 11 days off until we play the Iggles on MNF in Philly.

Different story from last year when I think we played something like 3 games in 11 days.

Yes, we got the three games in 11 days, the third one being the Giants at Fed Ex on Thanksgiving night.  Thank God we don't have that game again, I didn't realize how much I love just sitting home stuffed with turkey and plenty of other good food.  

Most teams have a Thursday Night game anyway, so this works out in our favor a bit.  The guys probably get the weekend off once they get back from Dallas, and may not have to even report back until Wednesday, given the extra day before a game and the close proximity to the opponent.  

Archived