Colts vs Texans - Edwin Jackson memorial

Wyld Stallyns

This week, the Colts will pay tribute to former LB Edwin Jackson who was killed in Feb. (along with Uber driver Jeffrey Monroe) by a drunk driver (sentenced to 16 years) 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/1409599002

Players will wear an "EJ" helmet decal while coaches and staff will don an "EJ" lapel pin, and before the game the Colts will present Jackson's family with a $25,000 donation to the Edwin Jackson 53 Foundation.

The Texans are currently winless (0-3) and just lost their home opener to the NY Giants last week. 

3 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I agree with Reich, but I do think the playcall was horrible. 

Reich is 100% correct. This play for the tie stuff can go die in a hole somewhere. You play to win the game. That's it. Period. Belichick plays to win the game. Pederson plays to win the game. McVay plays to win the game. Now coaches like Vrabel and Reich are showing similar mindsets. That's how you win in this league. This isn't 1995 anymore where it's run, run, pass punt and just hope you don't lose. You make plays to win. Not plays to hopefully avoid a loss.

A tie can be the difference between you going to the playoffs or being at home. I agree with doumeyer, that was one of the most foolish calls I've ever seen in the NFL, especially at the part of the field the Colts were at (own 40). 

Archived