Week 4 GDT: Time to Get Supercharged

N4L

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Easy there, he looked good but only one game. And for one, Bridgewater>>Beathard. 

Fitz > Beathard too. I mean, Fitz has his warts, obviously, and he's had some lulzy moments in his career, but hard to ask for more than what he gives as a back up to be honest. 

17 hours ago, N4L said:

Doesn't mean they were right. 

My personal opinion is that getting twisted down awkwardly on second down actually caused damage to the knee but it didn't completely tear until the next play and that the adrenaline prevented him from realizing anything was wrong. 

That's the nature of opinions: They are opinions, not facts.

7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

True. Well, then our defense has zero excuses. 

Agreed. Cards rank 11th in defense DVOA and 31st in offensive DVOA. So our defense better put up a good performance, if not, then we very well may have one of the five worst defenses in the league.

On 2018-10-02 at 10:13 AM, y2lamanaki said:

I agree Garoppolo would not have scored. But he could have gotten a few extra yards closer on a drive where we desperately needed to score. In any case - both plays featured two non-running QBs who each had previously been knocked out of games by injury in their short on-field careers trying to make a play with two different results - both in the play outcome and forum response. 

As I alluded to last week- if it was a principled stance that applied equally, I think that there would be more of a point I could get behind. If anything, the response should have been louder this week given that it happened one week after the starter was lost for the season on a similar play and we would be down to a guy we just pulled off the practice squad with zero career NFL snaps. 

I didn't participate in that debate, so here's my take: Jimmy and CJ were just desperate to make plays, because so many among the supporting cast aren't stepping up. And the coaches haven't really been on point with their gameplan, they haven't put the team in the best position to succeed, so we end up playing from behind, or missing out on chances, and that lead to Jimmy and CJ trying too hard. In one case, an unfortunate and unnecessary injury (it shouldn't have happened, had the team played better up to that point, but the team as a whole has been underperforming, and I blame the coaching a little), and in the other, a near injury that could have made Nick Mullens the most unknown starting QB in the NFL. I don't blame Jimmy or CJ. I blame Saleh and the defensive staff, I blame the receivers dropping passes. And I blame the bad luck with all the injuries. Those factors make our team underperform. Underperformance makes our QBs try harder than they should. 

Archived