Week 4 - Houston @ Indy (AKA the TY Hilton show)

ET80

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is going to be a turd of a game. Colts really don't have a pass rush, but I'm expecting Watson to get sacked about six times...

It's actually been much better so far this season with 10 sacks in 3 games.  Margus Hunt has been a monster (contract year magic on top of taking advantage of the new scheme), Sheard is decent, and rookie Kemoko Turay is good pass rusher situationally (1.5 sacks on Jason Peters last week).  Also expect some well timed blitzes from Darius Leonard, he can close in a heartbeat.

As for Hilton, you can expect a couple shots per usual, but so far this offense has been virtually all quick stuff.  We are missing our starting LT and have nothing but backups at RT so the goal has been to get the ball out as quickly as possible.  Just take a look at Lucks YPA this year, its bottom of the barrel.  With the threat of Watt and company I dont expect that to change this week.  Hope I'm wrong because the offense has been holding the team back.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

The difference will be the O-lines Watson seems to be running for his life half the plays. Colts oline has actually improved with Kelly and Nelson.

Close - 47.6%. So, not quite half. :(

So - @bananabucket, @Blackstar12 - the YPA talk, is that a function of the Frank Reich offense, or is there something wrong with Luck? I'm hoping it's just how that O works, and that Luck is OK.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Close - 47.6%. So, not quite half. :(

So - @bananabucket, @Blackstar12 - the YPA talk, is that a function of the Frank Reich offense, or is there something wrong with Luck? I'm hoping it's just how that O works, and that Luck is OK.

The YPA is way more a function of the playcalling.  Missing Castonzo at LT, having a roster hole at RT, and lacking playmakers outside all contribute to Reich going with nearly all quick stuff (and a maddening amount of screens that never work).  I guess it's understandable because our tackles would get Luck murdered otherwise.  I expect Reich to open up the playbook a bit more when Castonzo returns, but the offense will still be predicated on getting the ball out quickly. 

That's not to say Luck isn't still rusty though.  His accuracy and zip have been inconsistent, and really the only success we've had downfield have been TY drawing a few PIs because Luck underthrew him.  It doesnt help that TY and Ebron are the only guys that threaten anyone vertically though.

3 hours ago, bananabucket said:

The YPA is way more a function of the playcalling.  Missing Castonzo at LT, having a roster hole at RT, and lacking playmakers outside all contribute to Reich going with nearly all quick stuff (and a maddening amount of screens that never work).  I guess it's understandable because our tackles would get Luck murdered otherwise.  I expect Reich to open up the playbook a bit more when Castonzo returns, but the offense will still be predicated on getting the ball out quickly. 

That's not to say Luck isn't still rusty though.  His accuracy and zip have been inconsistent, and really the only success we've had downfield have been TY drawing a few PIs because Luck underthrew him.  It doesnt help that TY and Ebron are the only guys that threaten anyone vertically though.

To add to this here's a compilation of Luck "deep" throws it's been inconsistent and lacks zip but not as bad some people are saying.

12 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Got it, thanks. It seems the opposite in Houston, despite the same situation at T - Texans are drawing up 5-7 step drops and exposing Watson to an atrocious OL. A shorter passing game with Hopkins and a group of impressive young TEs in Jordan Akins and Jordan Thomas would be more suited, but our O is simply not trying this. 

12 hours ago, bananabucket said:

There's a bit of that with Watson, too - well, less rust and more a rookie making his 10th start. Hus accuracy has been spotty for a while, it's just noticable now because he's not offsetting a bad throw with a highlight reel throw. 

It's good to hear that Luck is back, he's a local product from Houston and I've always had a soft spot for the Stratford HS Valedictorian. Really want to see him do well... 

Venue:
Sunday Sept 30, 2018 • 12:00 PM CT • Lucas Oil Stadium • Indianapolis, IN
lucasoilstadium-logelevelendzone-2016072
Radio:
SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM) 
Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

TV:
04-CBS-E-V3.png

Buffalo @ Green Bay Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts (Red)
Cincinnati @ Atlanta Greg Gumbel, Trent Green, Bruce Arians (Blue)
Miami @ New England Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon (Green)
Houston @ Indianapolis Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta (Yellow)
NO GAME due to local home game on FOX (Grey)

Updates:
Louisville KY: HOU-IND to CIN-ATL (Blue)
Altoona PA: CIN-ATL to MIA-NE (Green)
Bowling Green KY: CIN-ATL to HOU-IND (Yellow)

Preview: Link

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Carl Cheffers

Uniform Combination: Liberty White Jerseys/Deep Steel Blue Pants

Weather: 72° F  Full Weather: Link 

Go Texans!

I put 15 points on Indy in my confidence pool but I have until 10 mins before game time to change it. 

And since Buffalo is in Green Bay I won’t be able to watch the Colts game. Luckily next week we get a short turnaround with a Thursday night game at New England ??‍♂️

But I’ll be able to watch it. ??

Archived