Week 4: New Orleans Saints @ New York Giants

Acgott

The Saints defense has been very bad. If the Giants can hold of Cameron Jordan, the offense could have another big day. Our defense has played well and the Saints offense has been great. However the 1 non-divisional game they've played has been outside, not in a dome, in Cleveland and they only scored 21. Hopefully it is a fun game. It could get out of hand if the Giants offense stalls and Brees and co start rolling.

I don't believe the Saints coaching staff is as horrible as the Texans. The only two positives I can think of for the Giants is teams that have played in over time have not done to well the next game and that the Saints are not playing in a dome. Other than that if we have no Vernon and no Apple I have no idea how we slow down the Saints high powered offensive attack. All the Saints have to do to slows our offense down is send pressure and have their defensive line men do stunts and twist much like what Dallas did. 

I think this is the season, if we lose we then have to go on the road to face a rested Panthers team,  then have a short week against the Eagles.  I do not think there is any recovering from a 1-5 start. 

I wish we had Vernon and Apple for this. Unless the Saints  do what  the Texans did and  not manufacture a lot of pressure on Eli, I don't see how the Giants can win this. The Saints have a horrible defense again so thinking we can keep it close.

I completely expect the offense to at least keep pace. Cam Jordan (while really freaking good) is no JJ Watt, so maybe Wheeler doesn't give up 3 Sacks again. They don't have a comparable guy to Clowney or Mercilus and if that secondary continues to be average at best, I think we have a chance. 

Archived