Week 4: New Orleans Saints @ New York Giants

Acgott

31 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

The Giants weren't aggressive  throwing the ball even mid range till around the end of the 3rd quarter by that time it was too late. 

Though thinking about it, I can see why we were so conservative thinking about it. You think after last week we would build off that. Our line has its problems for sure and that’s gonna play a role, but outside of Odell we have no deep threat and it’s not like they’re gonna leave Odell single covered. Engram injured, Latimer too. So that’s two deep targets who we normally have. Though we should’ve been more aggressive in the intermediate area. We should still be targeting that 11-20 area.

15 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

On WFAN Carl Banks was saying the Oline is playing so bad the Giants won't even dare attempting anything long developing or downfield. That's sad.. this is the Saints defense for crying out loud.

He's 100% right. As good as they looked last week, they were garbage this week. We couldn't expose the weakness of the Saints defense because we couldn't give our receivers enough time to run downfield. 

41 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Fantastic? The Saints were at the 3 and we needed one stop to get the ball back. They allowed 97 yards in 6 plays. The offense was miserable and the defense was just a bit better. 

I posted it before that play. The defense did very well without OV and Apple. They tired out in the end, but they kept them out of the end zone for much of the game. They gave us plenty of chances to win.

12 hours ago, Gmen said:

We lost to Drew brees and Alvin kamara.  I would be lying if I said I was surprised. Unfortunately the schedule doesn’t get too much easier 

It's not so much about the loss to Brees and Kamara to me but how bad this offense looked against the NO defense.. We have to be able to score more points, especially against defenses like that.. I can't think of another situation where  a team had this much offensive talent at skills positions and can't score points. It's really very sad. 

It's been the same ineffective offense for 3 years now. We haven't scored 30 points since Tom Coughlin was our head coach and Pat Shurmur was the Eagles head coach. Giants fans are understandably frustrated about it. Everything seems so difficult for this offense.

It was an impossible task to fix the entire OL in one offseason. This offseason, the left side is functioning well and will only get better with Hernandez getting more reps. Next offseason, Gettleman has got to fix the right side. Omameh and Wheeler/Flowers are garbage. 

The good news is Saquon continues to look amazing.  When the Giants sucked a few years ago I would tune in just to see OBJ.  I feel the same way about Saquon now.  Speaking of OBJ, where is the magic?  The production is just okay.  He’s not scaring anyone, making big plays and he doesn’t have a TD yet this season.  It’s almost like he lost half a step after the injury..

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

The good news is Saquon continues to look amazing.  When the Giants sucked a few years ago I would tune in just to see OBJ.  I feel the same way about Saquon now.  Speaking of OBJ, where is the magic?  The production is just okay.  He’s not scaring anyone, making big plays and he doesn’t have a TD yet this season.  It’s almost like he lost half a step after the injury..

Absolutely not. He should have about 4 touchdowns by now. He has broken loose several times and Eli either missed the throw, didn't see him, or not had enough time to get a throw off. To be honest, Odell looks faster than ever. 

Archived