For those who blame the coaching staff...

Matts4313

I said in another thread I feel like its 1/3 Dak, 1/3 OL, 1/3 Coaching. I will make an adjustment, in the OL column, that now includes TE blocking. If you only watch the first 10 minutes you will see how our TE ran right by Wagnor , didnt even lay a finger on him, which allowed him to tackle Zeke on a 3rd and 1. 

This is a great offensive play breakdown if you want actually have an educated opinion instead of just regurgitated "Garrett just claps and Linehan doesnt have any creativity." 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is a great offensive play breakdown if you want actually have an educated opinion instead of just regurgitated "Garrett just claps and Linehan doesnt have any creativity." 

I’m all for educated opinions, but is there anything in this video that actually disputes those points?

6 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I’m all for educated opinions, but is there anything in this video that actually disputes those points?

Watch it. There is a lot of execution errors. There were a lot more creative/wrinkles than what we give them credit for. There were a lot more accurate throws from Dak than we gave him credit for. A lot of the mistakes/mediocreness were by players named Tyron Smith, Zeke Elliot, no name TE's, Lael Collins, Joe Loony.

Edit - and its not mistakes because of coaching. One on one blocks with Smith, he whiffs completely. A ball hitting Zeke perfectly in stride in his hands, he drops it. Thats player execution. Maybe weve overrated our talent?

The video is like 2 hours long, I am about halfway through it. The only 2 people who have played pretty exceptional are Martin and Connor Williams. T Will has had a couple monster blocks. Rico has been our best blocking TE. Swiam and Looney have been *TRASH*, Smith looked mediocre, Zeke has made a few mistakes, Dak has been accurate when he has a clean pocket. And surprisingly the vast majority of playcalls had a chance for success if a player doesnt screw up.

But my favorite thing is this guys comments:

"Anyone who watched a game one time and trys to tell you who is at fault is uneducated (or maybe he said ignorant?)" 

"Do you think pundits are really watching every game multiple times? Do you think they watch every game even a single time? Even condensed? No - they are just their for ratings. They are going to repeat whatever fans are saying on the internet"

"Player execution is not a coaching issue. La'el Collins has been passing off blocks since he was a kid. The end/tackle pass rush has been around since peewee. He did it in highschool and college. So when fails to get his hips turned, that player execution. He knows what to do" <== Like I said, we overrate our talent.

Who's job is it to get that talent ready for the season. To control players, to improve them, to get them to the point where they can execute plays correctly. 

This coaching staff with its head coach has had how much post season success? How many times has he gotten us there? Results matter. 

I admit that this whole needs a overhaul from top to bottom. But unless Valley Ranch implodes then all we can change is middle management and roster.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Who's job is it to get that talent ready for the season. To control players, to improve them, to get them to the point where they can execute plays correctly. 

This coaching staff with its head coach has had how much post season success? How many times has he gotten us there? Results matter. 

I admit that this whole needs a overhaul from top to bottom. But unless Valley Ranch implodes then all we can change is middle management and roster.

The coaches job is to explain the plan and technique to a player. Its the players job to retain and execute that information. 

If a player is failing at something theyve done for 10+ years and taught by 10+ coaches, than that player needs to be accountable to his execution. Its the players fault. 

And we overrate our players ability. 

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Jason Garrett has won superbowls as a player and playoff games as a coach.

Scott Linhan has been apart of playoff teams.

Rod Marineli has won and been too multiple superbowls as a coach.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A question for you:

When Smith is whiffing on 1 on 1 blocks with a guy lined up directly in front of him - whose fault is that? Player or coach?

When Zeke causes us to not get multiple first downs as well as touchdowns - Is that his fault? Or did Jason Garrett not explain he needs to catch balls that hit his hands? Did Linehan fail to explain that he needs to stay in bounds?  

Stop singling out Zeke though. Hes our only good player. He was not the reason we lost. He looked like the only skill player on our team that even belonged in the NFL.

The Tight ends suck on paper, so it shouldn't be a shocker that they aren't good in the field.

I don't blame the coaches for Witten retiring, and they have certainly tried drafting his replacement time and time again

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Stop singling out Zeke though. Hes our only good player. He was not the reason we lost. He looked like the only skill player on our team that even belonged in the NFL.

The Tight ends suck on paper, so it shouldn't be a shocker that they aren't good in the field.

I don't blame the coaches for Witten retiring, and they have certainly tried drafting his replacement time and time again

Watch the video. Zekes mistakes led to multiple failed drives.

Why is it that when Dak throws a ball a little high, you are quick to point it out. But when Zeke drops balls and cost us TDs, we shouldnt talk about it?

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why is it that when Dak throws a ball a little high, you are quick to point it out. But when Zeke drops balls and cost us TDs, we shouldnt talk about it?

Because Zeke also helps sometimes. He was 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards with just 16 carries. And he was the only reason we had a punchers chance in the end.

I would look over his bad throws, if he also made equally great ones. Fitzmagic is a perfect example of a flawed QB who throws Dak balls, but it's okay because he might put up 4 hundy, and win the game.

If we get down by 2 scores even you and resilient know that Dak is not the man to single handedly lead us back.

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

All players make mistakes and have bad games, difference is, Zeke has them a lot less than Dak.

This was a sub par game for Zeke only due to the mental errors.

Dak hasnt played well going all the way back to middle to end of last year. That's why I am way more upset when Dak keeps making mistakes, because it continues to happen.

Just like coaching. Garrett and Linehan continue to make poor decisions.

Easiest way to sort through all that. How many teams would line up to take Zeke if we let him go? How many for Dak? How many would be lining up to hire JG and SL?

It's because Zeke is valuable, the others, not so much.  I will live with the few and far between mistakes that Zeke makes.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Because Zeke also helps sometimes. He was 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards with just 16 carries. And he was the only reason we had a punchers chance in the end.

Zeke himself said that he cost us that game. Sure he did well rushing, but he did awful by his QB. If he did his job, Dak would have had a much better statline and we likely win. But as a receiver, Zeke left a lot to be desired. 

Seriously, watch the film. Its posted right here with multiple angles. 

2 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

All players make mistakes and have bad games, difference is, Zeke has them a lot less than Dak.

This was a sub par game for Zeke only due to the mental errors.

Dak hasnt played well going all the way back to middle to end of last year. That's why I am way more upset when Dak keeps making mistakes, because it continues to happen.

Just like coaching. Garrett and Linehan continue to make poor decisions.

Easiest way to sort through all that. How many teams would line up to take Zeke if we let him go? How many for Dak? How many would be lining up to hire JG and SL?

It's because Zeke is valuable, the others, not so much.  I will live with the few and far between mistakes that Zeke makes.

Did you watch the film? 

Zeke says he lost the game, but had his heel not stepped out of bounds, had he not dropped the pass, had he not fumbled, he would have single handedly won us the game.

I'm not mad at Zeke because he isn't consistent with mistakes. We live only if he does well because we HAVE ZERO PASSING GAME. Zeke is so special that he can create offense without it, but it's tough with no help.

I'm not going to bash our one good player for a "bad" game when it wasn't that bad. If he had any help at all we win.

Phones about to die. I love you

Archived