For those who blame the coaching staff...

Matts4313

3 minutes ago, matt79511 said:
6 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

not disagreeing with any of your assessments, but can better play-calling lead to easier executions? ie, more confusion for the defense leads to much bigger openings etc..

Precisely. This offense has ZERO margin for error.

Well, to be fair, the margin of error for pretty much all pass plays in all offenses is 0. Any single OL doesnt hold up, its a sack. A receiver doesnt catch the ball, its a dropped pass. 

Running the ball there is a little more wiggle room. 

7 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

No, I haven't watched it and I most likely won't. For that I apologize. 3 hours of that game was enough, I'm not enough of a masochist to endure another 2.

I find it remarkably hard to believe that a talent void on offense can be the sole reason we're setting franchise offensive futility records, because that would imply that this is the least talented offense in franchise history. If the problem is not talent but execution and awareness and overall football IQ... eventually the coaching staff is held accountable for those things, at least for 31/32 teams in the league.

We lost 72-6 (!!!) in the second halves of that three game losing streak last November- something that can't be said of the 60's expansion team nor the transition years between Landry and Johnson nor the 5-11 Campo years. It's hard to see what's changed in the last 10 months besides a defense that's not collapsing as hard in the 2H (and a couple receivers getting sh*t-canned because they questioned the playcalling). Forgive me for not buying that an offense that prefers 8 yard isolated comeback routes to play action and mesh concepts and bunch formations is beyond reproach.

Mays is a smart dude. I'll allow him to watch the tape for me. What he's saying isn't groupthink, it's all stuff that's apparent.

This should stand as the "mount Rushmore" of poor coaching/adjustments. If not that then what? or wait I have one. Dak's LT gets beat 100X in the Atlanta game and not once did a coach send a RB (one example) to chip the DE inorder to "save" Dak. If what people say is true that the Atlanta "shell shocked Dak" then the coaches are clearly to blame and should be given the firing/squad.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, to be fair, the margin of error for pretty much all pass plays in all offenses is 0. Any single OL doesnt hold up, its a sack. A receiver doesnt catch the ball, its a dropped pass. 

Running the ball there is a little more wiggle room. 

perhaps, but a pass play with a 3 step drop occasional can be used get the ball out of there in time (once in a while)

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

he play calling has sucked for years. The straight forward scheme can work if your players are better. That's why we were good until we got an injury. Then we have 2nd string/simple scheme.

Good players can execute a simple scheme. A good scheme can be executed by simple players. Neither are making up for the other right now. No reason to argue the tallest midget.

Point one, I think there IS more wrinkes this year. Its much less straight forward than last year. Its absolutely not McVay, but its headed in the right direction..... painfully slowly, but it is. 

Point 2 - Thats my entire point. IF you go back and watch the film. Its an 'okay' game plan, with an 'okay' QB, with okay routes by the WRs, with trash play by the TEs and trash play by the OL collectively. 

That's why people are freaking out after 3 games. The last part of the year last season was horrible 2015 Matt Cassel bad, and Zeke coming back didn't fix it.

We were promised big time results in the off season. They made unpopular moves to achieve the turnaround, and after all that time they came looking the exact flipping same as where they left off.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Point one, I think there IS more wrinkes this year. Its much less straight forward than last year. Its absolutely not McVay, but its headed in the right direction..... painfully slowly, but it is. 

Point 2 - Thats my entire point. IF you go back and watch the film. Its an 'okay' game plan, with an 'okay' QB, with okay routes by the WRs, with trash play by the TEs and trash play by the OL collectively. 

Frederick is an all pro for a reason. 2nd round Rookies are usually redshirts. Because they have a certain reputation it feels as though they are terrible. But look around the league. 

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That's why people are freaking out after 3 games. The last part of the year last season was horrible 2015 Matt Cassel bad, and Zeke coming back didn't fix it.

We were promised big time results in the off season. They made unpopular moves to achieve the turnaround, and after all that time they came looking the exact flipping same as where they left off.

Everyone says we live and die by Zeke. 

I disagree. We live and die by the OL. When the OL performs - Zeke is unstoppable. When the OL performs - Dak is a good (not amazing) QB. 

When the OL plays like it has the last 13 games, Dak gets the yips and defenses tee off on Zeke. 

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Frederick is an all pro for a reason. 2nd round Rookies are usually redshirts. Because they have a certain reputation it feels as though they are terrible. But look around the league. 

Conner Williams easily out played all pro Smith and Lael Collins. 

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

If you just watch the first hour you will get the point. And its eye opening.  Watch it for yourself and see if you still feel that way. 

I’ll no longer feel that we don’t run enough play action or rub routes or receiver stacks? No I won’t change my stance on that because it’s freaking obvious and empirically and statistically backed. YouTube breakdowns by amateurs are inherently not fully conclusive- stats don’t lie.

Our closest thing to a big play in the passing game was a freaking broken play that Dak threw off his back foot. Genius coaching if I’ve ever seen it. Does the video assert that Dak bailing on a clean pocket and flinging it to Zeke was the design of the play and not pure improvisation by our two franchise cornerstones? Because if so, I emphatically disagree and highly doubt this guy’s credentials.

Even IF execution was the main problem on Sunday, generally coaches are held accountable for that in the long run, even if it’s basic **** like staying in bounds and picking up stunts. Not here, though. Garrett will continually get the leeway to scapegoat coordinators and personnel ad infinitum while he spouts cliches and claps his hands and slaps butts for $6M/year, because he’s essentially part of the family of one of the most nepotistic franchise in sports.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Everyone says we live and die by Zeke. 

I disagree. We live and die by the OL. When the OL performs - Zeke is unstoppable. When the OL performs - Dak is a good (not amazing) QB

When the OL plays like it has the last 13 games, Dak gets the yips and defenses tee off on Zeke. 

this be true homie.

Just now, DaBoys said:

Zeke is better than Dak. Zeke is better than Dak. Zeke is better than Dak. Zeke should have been RoTY year and everyone including Dak knew it.

Why oh why is SL trying to scheme the offense to high octane passing team?

Not saying your comment is right or wrong or I agree or disagree, but perhaps we miss Frederick and Leary a lot more than people realize and a current offensive line or just not blowing holes open the way they used to. I don't watch this film and replay so I do not know the answer to that just my suggestion

Archived