2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

His play is so up and down and sporadic. I think he may be third on my list. I think I may prefer Gipson in that role? I'm not sure. 

Clinton-Dix over Gipson for sure for me.

1. ET

2. Amos

3. Clinton-Dix

3 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

There’s also the idea that Sherm moves to FS, as he said so himself. Just maybe despite Sherman’s public endorsement, he’s the reason ET is not a fit. 

I don’t know, just throwing ideas at the wall seeing what sticks

No way does Sherman move to free safety this offseason. And I'm not sure if he would be a great free safety anyways. May be a better strong safety that is matched up with opposing TEs once he makes his position change. 

So yeah, I think it is fair to say that isn't the reason we aren't after ET.

Just now, Knowledge said:

Earl Thomas would be cool but im not going to be mad if we dont sign him.

Dude hasnt played a full season since 2015 

This is a valid concern. I'm more forgiving of it because of the type of injuries. But at his best, none of these guys are close

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No way does Sherman move to free safety this offseason. And I'm not sure if he would be a great free safety anyways. May be a better strong safety that is matched up with opposing TEs once he makes his position change. 

So yeah, I think it is fair to say that isn't the reason we aren't after ET.

I think Sherm would be just fine there, but we’ll see. I wouldnt pretend to know more than I do. 

If we go with Amos over ET, that's fine. Even Ha Ha on some level, I get. But if we don't sign a single FS of stature this off-season, I'll be full tilted. Frankly, after not addressing edge at all and possibly not addressing the gaping hole at FS, Lynch would have to be on the hotseat. There's no way we don't address this position and actually get better. 

Archived