2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Or we go WR at #2!!! Ever thought of that??????

yeah, that's why I said it in my post lol

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

but I'm going to assume that Shanny is going to take his chances on rolling out with a second year and rookie recevier for the most part

Edit ..

Oh, I read that as meaning second rounder, not second overall lol

I'm not opposed to DJ Metcalf, but it has to be in the bottom 10 opposed to the top 5. Would love a trade up for Hakeem Butler. You guys already know how I feel about Hollywood Brown, and I'm fine with Arcega-Whiteside in the 2nd round.

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

Signed LB David Mayo. Good depth signing, probably it for Coyle.

Mayo also a very well regarded special teams player. 

Yeah, unless Coyle balls out in TC / Preseason (if we even allow him to get that far) he's got to be gone. That contract he has is pretty silly, and for some reason, he's like a 3 million dollar cap hit. Mayo is younger, cheaper, and performs the same exact role. 

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mayo also a very well regarded special teams player. 

Yeah, unless Coyle balls out in TC / Preseason (if we even allow him to get that far) he's got to be gone. That contract he has is pretty silly, and for some reason, he's like a 3 million dollar cap hit. Mayo is younger, cheaper, and performs the same exact role. 

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

Deebo Samuel i would love at our 2nd pick.

He'd probably get to know Verrett pretty well. This is another guy who just can't stay on the field. I think he's a very skilled player, but man does his injury history bother me. I think we could do better at the top of the 2nd personally. I know Ridley didn't have a good combine by the 'experts' standards, but I still like him as a player and he could possibly be had in the third at this point. I would much rather Take Ridley in 3 than Samuel. 

13 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

He'd probably get to know Verrett pretty well. This is another guy who just can't stay on the field. I think he's a very skilled player, but man does his injury history bother me. I think we could do better at the top of the 2nd personally. I know Ridley didn't have a good combine by the 'experts' standards, but I still like him as a player and he could possibly be had in the third at this point. I would much rather Take Ridley in 3 than Samuel. 

Just makes him our perfect draft pick lol. 

It's not that Ridley didn't have a good combine by the "experts" standings...it's that he had a poor combine against his own competition at the position. That's important to distringuish. I don't think it has anything to do with "experts". It was a bad combine. But that's okay as it needs to have perspective. He actually still turned in several drills better than his brother. I think rounds 3-4 for him are reasonable. I am concerned by bad explosion and bad long speed. I think that's a bad combination and has me a little worried, but I think he's going to be a guy that just kind of knows how to play the position. 

Archived