2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

6 hours ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Dee Ford trade and Verrett signing doesn't really do much for you? 

we don't know if verrett is going to be 100% and we don't know if Dee ford will be able to put up big numbers in this scheme

Coleman...we KNOW can and has put up the numbers in Shanahan's scheme

5 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I doubt juice gets an extension, but definitely the other two! 

I don't see why he wouldn't, though I doubt it happens after this year. He's signed through 2020. He will only be 28 this year, so and isn't a major concern yet. A short two year deal would be reasonable after 2020 if he's still playing well unless we decide that FB just isn't going to be as big a part of the offense moving forward

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't see why he wouldn't, though I doubt it happens after this year. He's signed through 2020. He will only be 28 this year, so and isn't a major concern yet. A short two year deal would be reasonable after 2020 if he's still playing well unless we decide that FB just isn't going to be as big a part of the offense moving forward

I'm with you in thinking we will resign Juice. I don't think the bolded will ever happen in Shanny's offense though. 

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

I'm with you in thinking we will resign Juice. I don't think the bolded will ever happen in Shanny's offense though. 

Do agree with you about that, but weirder things have happened, especially if we somehow end up with multiple quality studs at the skill positions, so had to leave it as an option

3 hours ago, Pandomonium said:

we don't know if verrett is going to be 100% and we don't know if Dee ford will be able to put up big numbers in this scheme

Coleman...we KNOW can and has put up the numbers in Shanahan's scheme

You can say that for anyone in the league, though. We're competing with other teams for these kinds of players which is always something to keep in mind as well. 

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Brieda or McKinnon?

My guess would be McKinnon. Breida filled in nicely last yr and TC is here to be part of our RBBC. Also McKinnon will be 27 by the time he takes his 1st snap for us...3 yrs older than Breida.

5 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Brieda or McKinnon?

Brieda is a Philly guy right? I'd think we can get more out of a trade for him. 

NFL Network guy mentioned Agholor being someone that might get moved after the Jackson signing. Breida for Agholor straight up might work. Maybe Philly can toss in their 5th round pick, (overall their sixth latest pick they own). 

Agholor is making a hefty 9m so I'd think theyd have to throw in a pick to sweeten the deal. If it was just McKinnon in the trade I doubt a pick comes back to SF. 

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't want Breida traded at all. Sure, he has some injury concerns, but he's still a very talented runner. Breida/Coleman tandem works fine. Coleman/McKinnon tandem on the other hand works a bit less than the other one IMO.

I dont want Breida traded either but if his value is at an all time high as an injury prone RB in a crowded backfield it shouldnt be ruled out. 

Not to change the subject, but as some speculated, the Giants wanted the 2nd pick in the first for OBJ. I’m assuming when everything was confirmed with them sending him to the Browns is when we pulled the trigger on Ford’s trade. I’m assuming our second next year would have been part of the trade hence the reason the Ford trade happened as quick as it did afterwards 🤔. 

I agree, I believe if anyone has trade value, I would imagine it’s Breida. McKinnion hasn’t really done anything. I don’t know if I would want Agholor though, probably just pick(s). 

Archived