2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

20 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

The Oline maybe be serviceable now, but would you re-sign any of our guards to a long-term deal? We don't even have young guys waiting in the wings to take over. I don't think signing an OG to a huge deal is necessary, but we really need to draft some talent on the interior for the future.

Well, Tomlinson already has an extension, so it's just the other side, and Person has been solid (pff even grades him out as the 16th best guard so far this season). I said it in my original post, don't be at all shocked if he gets a 3 year extension worth about 12 million. 

The defensive free agents have been updated and are on page 1. 

If you guys think of other guys that should be added to either of the lists, please let me know. It's a lot of free agents to go through, so its very easy to miss some. 

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Well, Tomlinson already has an extension, so it's just the other side, and Person has been solid (pff even grades him out as the 16th best guard so far this season). I said it in my original post, don't be at all shocked if he gets a 3 year extension worth about 12 million. 

Which would be fine with me, but who is after him and Tomlinson? We have no depth and no future (with the exception of McGlinchey) at any position on the line. I'm not advocating for paying out an Andrew Norwell contract or to draft Jonah Williams, but I would really like to see the Niners double dip in the draft at OG in the middle rounds.

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Which would be fine with me, but who is after him and Tomlinson? We have no depth and no future (with the exception of McGlinchey) at any position on the line. I'm not advocating for paying out an Andrew Norwell contract or to draft Jonah Williams, but I would really like to see the Niners double dip in the draft at OG in the middle rounds.

No one doubts we need depth, but it's hard to go after depth when we badly need starters and roleplayers elsewhere. I mean, we need depth at most positions. RB, TE, LB, S. 

RB changes if we bring Morris back and McKinnon gets healthy. Based on what we have seen from Breida, I would actually be kinda excited about it. But Celek/Wick, Lee/Coyle, Nzabunchofletters, Exum are all players I'd be more interested in replacing than Magnuson right now. Shonn Coleman is presumably factoring into tackle depth.

And that's not accounting for likely needs for a redzone playmaker, edge rusher, probably FS, and possibly a second starter at CB if Witherspoon continues on his current trajectory. 

I just can't see double dipping on backup interior linemen when we only have what...6 draft picks this year?

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

No one doubts we need depth, but it's hard to go after depth when we badly need starters and roleplayers elsewhere. I mean, we need depth at most positions. RB, TE, LB, S. 

RB changes if we bring Morris back and McKinnon gets healthy. Based on what we have seen from Breida, I would actually be kinda excited about it. But Celek/Wick, Lee/Coyle, Nzabunchofletters, Exum are all players I'd be more interested in replacing than Magnuson right now. Shonn Coleman is presumably factoring into tackle depth.

And that's not accounting for likely needs for a redzone playmaker, edge rusher, probably FS, and possibly a second starter at CB if Witherspoon continues on his current trajectory. 

I just can't see double dipping on backup interior linemen when we only have what...6 draft picks this year?

Right now, I think the assumption is 5 draft picks,  but it apparently the pick we sent to the browns for coleman is conditional, so its possible that the condition isn't met for that. I thought I someone had said that we were actually projected to have a comp pick this year, but I'm not sure. 

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Well, Richburg signed a 5 year deal, so he's not going anywhere in the immediate future. He is the future. Mags is in his second year, can play guard and center (and even tackle in a pinch), and that type of versatility is sometimes more prized in a back up over his actual skill level. Garnett is still technically  under contract. 

As Y2 said, in a year where we are already short 1-2 picks, very hard to see us double dipping there with so many other pressing needs. Gilliam should be gone. At 5 million, he's not worth it, but we have Coleman whom we may give the shot at being the swing tackle. He'll be on the last year of a low paying rookie deal. We could draft a tackle as an eventual replacement to Staley though. I feel like that is more likely that drafting a guard. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Right now, I think the assumption is 5 draft picks,  but it apparently the pick we sent to the browns for coleman is conditional, so its possible that the condition isn't met for that. I thought I someone had said that we were actually projected to have a comp pick this year, but I'm not sure. 

Yes, Overthecap has been pretty accurate in the past and they have us now getting a 6th for Aaron Lynch and barely missing 7ths for Leon Hall and Logan Paulsen. Originally we were not predicted to have any comps, but because Attaochu and Cooper were cut before Week 1 they no longer count against us. As of right now, assuming they are correct, we will have a 1, 2, 3, 4, and two 6s.

11 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Yes, Overthecap has been pretty accurate in the past and they have us now getting a 6th for Aaron Lynch and barely missing 7ths for Leon Hall and Logan Paulsen. Originally we were not predicted to have any comps, but because Attaochu and Cooper were cut before Week 1 they no longer count against us. As of right now, assuming they are correct, we will have a 1, 2, 3, 4, and two 6s.

I wonder if Eric Reid will factor into that at all 

Archived