2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

• 2 weeks later...

Dee Ford would scare me to death on a big money long term deal, but I have to admit that he's out there wrecking things this season. 

I don't know that he hits the market, but it's going to be interesting if they tag him or sign him long term because that's a lot of money to have tied into two edge rushers in Houston and Ford. I wonder if KC ends up having to make a decision there between the two. If they do, I wouldn't mind grabbing Houston. He's obviously regressing quite a bit, and the injuries are a major issue, but again, just looking for a supplemental piece through FA or trade, not the whole solution. Would still draft an edge guy as well in the first. 

• 3 weeks later...

So with Darby blowing out his ACL does that mean we see if we can get him for cheap? I'm not sure how much he'll play next year but it might be a prudent move to have him on our roster for Sherman's last year with us.

1 hour ago, Geek said:

So with Darby blowing out his ACL does that mean we see if we can get him for cheap? I'm not sure how much he'll play next year but it might be a prudent move to have him on our roster for Sherman's last year with us.

meh, I mean, he wasn't having that great of a season to begin with. If I'm going to sign a cornerback who is going to miss most of next season, it's going to be Jason Verrett :D

On 10/21/2018 at 7:39 PM, Forge said:

Dee Ford would scare me to death on a big money long term deal, but I have to admit that he's out there wrecking things this season. 

I don't know that he hits the market, but it's going to be interesting if they tag him or sign him long term because that's a lot of money to have tied into two edge rushers in Houston and Ford. I wonder if KC ends up having to make a decision there between the two. If they do, I wouldn't mind grabbing Houston. He's obviously regressing quite a bit, and the injuries are a major issue, but again, just looking for a supplemental piece through FA or trade, not the whole solution. Would still draft an edge guy as well in the first. 

I'll let others fight over Dee Ford. I'd go all in on Frank Clark. 

On 9/26/2018 at 12:08 PM, Forge said:

WILL and MIKE

Honestly, not really going to get into this. Unless Foster brainfarts off the field and ends up cut, there's just no reason to even really look here as I mentioned above. At best we have a roster spot available for special teams. 

I think a certain forum jinx needs to get to work on this position!

Yeah, defintely need to find a SAM and a WILL now. Warner has pretty much locked up the MIKE. Though if you find another MIKE, he could slide to SAM in a pinch. 

Personally, I'd go HARD after Jordan Hicks. Dude is absolute stud. Can do it all and I'd love to see him paired next to Warner. 

Archived