2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski doesn't expect the Eagles to re-sign impending free agent DE Brandon Graham.

Graham turns 31 in April and very well could be looking at his final payday in the league. Kempski doesn't believe the Eagles will be able to offer him the most money, leading to Graham walking as a free agent. Graham is a hero in Philly after his strip-sack in last year's Super Bowl win, but the Eagles have depth at the position with Derek Barnett, Michael Bennett, Chris Long, and 2018 fourth-rounder Josh Sweat. Graham was Pro Football Focus' No. 6-ranked 4-3 end in 2018.

Yeah, this guy is definitely one of my targets in free agency. Trey Flowers is the other potential target, but I can't see the Pats letting him go. That guy wrecks games for them. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, this guy is definitely one of my targets in free agency. Trey Flowers is the other potential target, but I can't see the Pats letting him go. That guy wrecks games for them. 

I'm really curious to see what we do in FA with regards to the edge spot. If we are locked in at Bosa / Allen at #2, would we still sign someone? I don't know. I wonder if the team wouldn't just put all of their eggs in the rookie basket and use this money elsewhere (Moseley + ET?). 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Graham, Ansah, Irvin, ZaDarius Smith, Shaq Barrett, Preston Smith and maybe even Clay Matthews and Shane Ray are all names I expect us to show varying degrees of interest in plus a rookie or two add in the draft. Graham would probably be my number three behind Smith and Barrett. I expect all big names like Lawrence, Clark, Ford, Flowers, Clowney to be resigned or tagged with their current teams but obviously if they aren’t them as well.

Just now, Forge said:

I'm really curious to see what we do in FA with regards to the edge spot. If we are locked in at Bosa / Allen at #2, would we still sign someone? I don't know. I wonder if the team wouldn't just put all of their eggs in the rookie basket and use this money elsewhere (Moseley + ET?). 

Even if we take Bosa or are set on Bosa or Allen, doesn't mean we can't use another edge player. Need as many edge rushers as possible. Marsh/Blair/Watson can all be replaced. Would like to keep Blair though, but wouldn't be too upset if we let him go. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Even if we take Bosa or are set on Bosa or Allen, doesn't mean we can't use another edge player. Need as many edge rushers as possible. Marsh/Blair/Watson can all be replaced. Would like to keep Blair though, but wouldn't be too upset if we let him go. 

For sure, but again I'm just more or less wondering if we wouldn't want to invest the money somewhere else in free agency. I certainly wouldn't complain if we did that, and have advocated for it, but I'm just wondering if they will put that kind of premium on the position if they also know that they want to commit to a Bosa / Allen edge rusher (also, Allen can probably play some SAM, so when he's there, we can use an upgrade at the LEO spot). This is where I think someone like Ziggy or Shane Ray could come in. Ziggy probably only manages to get a prove it deal, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ray basically settles for an Aaron Lynch type deal this year from Chicago. 

So basically, I'm just wondering if we will go out for a premium name / contract at the edge spot if we are locked into Bosa / Allen. 

Yea I want atleast two new edge guys, especially if the one we land in FA is Graham or Ansah seeing as how they are 30 plus. Even if it’s a younger guy the appeal of having a stud pass rusher on a rookie deal makes too much sense for an organization not to keep investing picks there. We have enough money to sign an edge player, LB and ET as well as some average salary players, even if we acquire AB.

I wouldn't mind signing two and drafting two, to be honest. Sign one Leo and one SAM, then draft one Leo and one SAM. Worst case scenario, we should have at least one decent pass rusher in the mix, best case scenario, we have several, and we add depth to our special teams as well.

8 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I wouldn't mind signing two and drafting two, to be honest. Sign one Leo and one SAM, then draft one Leo and one SAM. Worst case scenario, we should have at least one decent pass rusher in the mix, best case scenario, we have several, and we add depth to our special teams as well.

I'm with you. I like Blair enough to say 'Sign 2, draft 1' or 'Sign 1, draft 2' - but I want the team to go from baren to stacked at the position.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thoughts on kwon?

I bounced this over to the FA thread. 

I've actually always been weirdly infatuated with Kwon, Liked him as a prospect, still like him as a player. Personally, my preference I think is to acquire a MLB first and be able to push Warner over to WLB, but I'd be happy to settle for Kwon at WLB and keep Warner in the middle. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I bounced this over to the FA thread. 

I've actually always been weirdly infatuated with Kwon, Liked him as a prospect, still like him as a player. Personally, my preference I think is to acquire a MLB first and be able to push Warner over to WLB, but I'd be happy to settle for Kwon at WLB and keep Warner in the middle. 

I think they’d be pretty interchangeable between MIKE and WILL so that wouldn’t concern me much as his injury history would. Solid, young play maker when healthy though and would definitely be the type of add I want to see at LB.

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thoughts on kwon?

Seems like he's always hurt or injured. Hope we steer clear of those kind of players to be honest. BUT at the right price, I'd take a flier on a one-year, prove it kind of deal. I just don't know if he can be counted on as a starter for a entire season. If you sign him, best to have a capable back-up in place. 

Archived