2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So I saw the clip Rapoport was talking about Thomas and he didn't mention the 49ers. Just talked about the safety market and said the Cowboys are still in the race for him. 

Dante Fowler re-signs with the Rams. One edge rusher out, but I didn't want him anyways. 

omg, it might be a one year deal? thats how the news forum is seeing it

Read King's article in entirely and some things he said concerning us: 

Says he's hearing SF and GB are in hunt for a veteran pass rusher like Dee Ford and he thinks Ford can be had for a late 2nd or early 3rd since this DL class is so stacked. To me it doesn't make sense to trade him after letting go of Houston. 

And as I mentioned he thinks Houston signs Thomas or Honey Badger. Also listed KC and Dallas as team likely interested in him but he doesnt think KC will play him 12 or so million a year. Houston is actually one of the teams with more cap space than us and can compete dollar for dollar unlike Dallas and KC. 

Doesn't think the Colts are heavy FA players despite all the cap space. 

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Says he's hearing SF and GB are in hunt for a veteran pass rusher like Dee Ford and he thinks Ford can be had for a late 2nd or early 3rd since this DL class is so stacked. To me it doesn't make sense to trade him after letting go of Houston. 

And as I mentioned he thinks Houston signs Thomas or Honey Badger. Also listed KC and Dallas as team likely interested in him but he doesnt think KC will play him 12 or so million a year. Houston is actually one of the teams with more cap space than us and can compete dollar for dollar unlike Dallas and KC. 

If we get Ford for a 3rd I'd be ecstatic. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Fowler did in fact sign a one year deal. Damn, that's almost unfair. 

It’s a relief to me honestly. I think we would have gone hard after him and overpaid. Like I’ve mentioned before, he scares the hell out of me for what I think he would have made on the open market.

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Then just maybe we have a chance to sign Desir! 

Archived