2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean he's okay as an player. Never been that impressed with him. I want a bit more physical LB next to Warner.

And besides, he's coming off an ACL injury. Now, you can say ACL injuries aren't that big of a worry, but this is a guy that depends largely on his athleticism. 

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying that if we secure everything else, then it's kind of whatever. I wouldn't like the deal, it's still a terrible contract in my opinion, but it is an improvement, and if we got everything else, it's basically just a very expensive cherry on top. What I have a problem with is if we are putting him as a priority over others players / positions. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying that if we secure everything else, then it's kind of whatever. I wouldn't like the deal, it's still a terrible contract in my opinion, but it is an improvement, and if we got everything else, it's basically just a very expensive cherry on top. What I have a problem with is if we are putting him as a priority over others players / positions. 

I bet Hicks can be had for less and I just think he's the better player from the two.

Interesting that the Ravens very well could lose Smith/Mosley/Suggs this offseason. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I bet Hicks can be had for less and I just think he's the better player from the two.

Interesting that the Ravens very well could lose Smith/Moseley/Suggs this offseason. 

I think Baltimore underrated what the market was going to be like this year. There was a lot of talk that they were going to let Moseley hit FA, but were likely to re-sign him. I wonder how probable that is going to be now - I think he may be priced out of their range. If Kwon is going to get 10-12, Moseley has to get like 11.5 - 14. 

I asked Ravens fans this a few weeks ago when they extended Tavon Young that if Jimmy Smith can be had in a trade. They just exercised Carr's option and have a young stud in Humphrey. 

Smith, while around the same age as Sherman would be someone I would be interested in trading for. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

His running style is a very poor match with Jackson. Obviously in the receiving game, he helps, but from a run game profile, that is a terrible match. He's not a downhill runner at all. That's why Gus Edwards is so successful in that scheme. You take him and put him anywhere else, and Edwards is probably a bum.

I see what your saying, Bell has found a way to make hesitation in the backfield work to his advantage. He's pretty unique that way, not many have been able to pull it off. I could see that being different when the QB is Lamar Jackson.  

But my opinion is that LeVeon Bell is about as complete a back as there is, I think he'll be fine wherever he goes as long as he's healthy.

Rams getting Fowler on 1 year. The Eagles getting Malik Jackson for a whopping 3m/yr, and we may spend 12 on Kwon Alexander for probably several years LMAO. Honestly, I Think the Jets end up with Alexander if they are that interested in him. They probably want to get back at us for signing Jet from under them last year (side note, I feel like it's a bad thing that over the past two years we have been connected to so many of the same free agents as the Jets lol. That's not the direction I want to go, Lynch)

Archived