2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Guy is a damn good run blocker, definitely a blow for the Rams. They lost 2/5 of their starting OL, but can address at least one of the spots in the draft. 

If Whitworth falls off or gets hurt, the Rams offense will no doubt suffer some.

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agreed. Lets give 13.5 / yr for 2 years to a solid linebacker with upside coming off an acl tear with a previous ped suspension in a less valuable position but not 15/yr for 2 years to the hall of famer on a short term deal coming off a broken leg, no ligament tear, playing arguably one of the most important positions on this defensive scheme? Seems about right 

I keep waiting for us to sign Tevin Coleman before a safety or edge rusher...

Send help!! John Lynch has broken @Forge 

Stay positive my guy

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

So since we have been linked to Roby and Darby(supposedly) I guess that doesn't bodie well for guys like Witherspoon and Moore? Although Moore maybe better at FS which he played in college

I really hope we don't start playing the Jimmie Ward game with Moore. Leave him at corner and let him develop!

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why? These are my favorite deals, to be honest. Particularly with up and down players like Roby. 

It sounds simple but I’d prefer a free agency addition to fill holes beyond one season. Matheau leaving Houston sucks for them because he played at such a high level on his prove it deal, but they got priced out. Currently SF has the ability to front load deals so I’d take advantage of that. 

If there are some hesitations about a long term fit then I guess it makes more sense but this early in free agency negotiations that’s not the vibe I’m getting.  

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

Sadly, this sounds like a Niner move

I don't like throwing big money at a RB, but I'm a bit shocked at the amount of people that would 'hate' signing the best all around RB in the NFL. He missed last year, but a lot of players miss a year, usually due to injury. Not a move I would make, but I wouldn't be up in arms about it by any means. 

Archived