2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I don't like throwing big money at a RB, but I'm a bit shocked at the amount of people that would 'hate' signing the best all around RB in the NFL. He missed last year, but a lot of players miss a year, usually due to injury. Not a move I would make, but I wouldn't be up in arms about it by any means. 

100% agree

It’s rare a player like this is available in their prime. Plus he’s not rehabbing an ACL injury or anything. 

2 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I don't like throwing big money at a RB, but I'm a bit shocked at the amount of people that would 'hate' signing the best all around RB in the NFL. He missed last year, but a lot of players miss a year, usually due to injury. Not a move I would make, but I wouldn't be up in arms about it by any means. 

I’ve been pretty big on no overreacting about signings given how bad our roster was/is. 

This should get Lynch fired. Horrible.

5 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Sadly, this sounds like a Niner move

I don't buy it is the niners, 6 teams were linked to him earlier today and we weren't one of them. I think the only reason the niners keep getting mentioned is reporters forget about the McKinnon signing last year and are trying to connect the dots. 

5 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I am not saying he wouldnt be a great addition, but considering what Shanny has done in the past and what we have there already...we have more pressing needs and better ways to spend our money. Bell sounded better before we spent money on McKinnon, but now that we have invested that in McKinnon, I would like to see what he brings. Securing a WR, CB, Safety, EDGE would be money better spent IMO

6 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

At his age, with his workload...I don't know...I'm just not about that. Also, given how good that offensive line was in Pittsburgh? His replacements have always played well behind him. I think his success is just as much about them as it is him in my opinion. That's not to say that he's not a terrific running back, he is (though his last season wasn't really all that great all things considered, tbh. Was not efficient at all), but I'm not investing anything long term or big money in that situation. I'd definitely hate it. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

At his age, with his workload...I don't know...I'm just not about that. Also, given how good that offensive line was in Pittsburgh? His replacements have always played well behind him. I think his success is just as much about them as it is him in my opinion. That's not to say that he's not a terrific running back, he is (though his last season wasn't really all that great all things considered, tbh. Was not efficient at all), but I'm not investing anything long term or big money in that situation. I'd definitely hate it. 

Also with this being a Shanahan offense with Turner as our RB coach i don't want us to be the team that has the highest paid group of RB's in the league. 

10 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Oh, I would definitely hate that move, especially If the rumors are true that Bell has ballooned up to 260 lbs during his year off, that scares me. 

RB's are so easy to find that paying top money is not smart. Take the Rams for example. Who performed better during the playoffs, their star RB or a guy they picked up at the end of the season? I think it's way more intelligent to pick RB's at the bottom of the draft and/or find priority UDFAs and constantly churning the RB depth chart with cheap talent. 

Archived