2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He was talking about CB not if SF would pay Thomas more or not. 

I just saw that as well. Okay, that makes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more sense. Particularly after shelling out 13.5 for Kwon LOL

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Oh, I would definitely hate that move, especially If the rumors are true that Bell has ballooned up to 260 lbs during his year off, that scares me. 

RB's are so easy to find that paying top money is not smart. Take the Rams for example. Who performed better during the playoffs, their star RB or a guy they picked up at the end of the season? I think it's way more intelligent to pick RB's at the bottom of the draft and/or find priority UDFAs and constantly churning the RB depth chart with cheap talent. 

Thats a false analogy though. Gurley was hurt, and when he wasn't he was on an MVP type season pace. The rumors of arthritis is a bad sign for the rams which I doubt many niners fans feel bad for them. But Gurley is the total package as a running back and when healthy he earned every bit of his contract.

2 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Thats a false analogy though. Gurley was hurt, and when he wasn't he was on an MVP type season pace. The rumors of arthritis is a bad sign for the rams which I doubt many niners fans feel bad for them. But Gurley is the total package as a running back and when healthy he earned every bit of his contract.

I wouldn't pay top dollar for Gurley either when I can find a Zac Stacey and get production from him. If Alvin Kamara came available right now, I might pay for him, but there really aren't any RB's that I would draft in the top 10 or pay top dollar to. There are more important positions to pay for.

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I wouldn't pay top dollar for Gurley either when I can find a Zac Stacey and get production from him. If Alvin Kamara came available right now, I might pay for him, but there really aren't any RB's that I would draft in the top 10 or pay top dollar to. There are more important positions to pay for.

5 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

Is our front office going to make any sort of moves or are they just going to be playing with their pistols. John Lynch is starting to frustrate me

We aren't even 48 hours into free agency. ET, Boston, Haha have all had quiet rumor mills for the safety market. Barrett, Justin Houston and Ziggy Ansah have all been relatively quiet on the edge front and we still have Desir, Darby and other corners available.

There are still plenty of good players available to at least fill gaping holes with. It's annoying sure, but there's a lot that can still happen

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

We aren't even 48 hours into free agency. ET, Boston, Haha have all had quiet rumor mills for the safety market. Barrett, Justin Houston and Ziggy Ansah have all been relatively quiet on the edge front and we still have Desir, Darby and other corners available.

There are still plenty of good players available to at least fill gaping holes with. It's annoying sure, but there's a lot that can still happen

Yep, plenty of time for signings like the Malcom Smith one, or the Richburg one, or the Alexander one, or the Cooper one. Give it time, Lynch still has time to work his magic!!!!!

I'm still holding the line that Lynch/Shanny have donea  much better job than Baalke and a good portion of NFL GM's at acquiring talent. But if they come out of this FA class with no starting FS, no supplementary edge players and corner depth. I'm going to be on the outs, especially after not addressing edge last off-season, albeit an incredibly weak year for the edge department..still didn't justify the inaction. 

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

I'm still holding the line that Lynch/Shanny have donea  much better job than Baalke and a good portion of NFL GM's at acquiring talent. But if they come out of this FA class with no starting FS, no supplementary edge players and corner depth. I'm going to be on the outs, especially after not addressing edge last off-season, albeit an incredibly weak year for the edge department..still didn't justify the inaction. 

I think we will end up with an edge before the draft. Whether it be Ansah or Houston or Ford or Griffen or even possibly Wake/Barrett. But that #2 pick regardless of the internal debate the team is having will almost surely be Bosa.

But if we don't address FS in free agency, when will we? Because I think Shanny has his eyes on WR in round 2 or even in a trade up. 

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Why get OBJ when you can get production out of Marquise Goodwin? There is productivity and there is MVP production.

Archived