2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

3 minutes ago, sherm said:

This is all about drafting Bosa. No way we didn't want to swap picks if not for getting the top edge guy on our board. Just my guess. 

You better hope the Cards don’t take him first because we are looking at Williams and then we don’t need Thomas. Which could have possibly been used as trade bait with NYG, but we’ll never know now. 

Just now, StevenK said:

Sounds like Lynch is panicking and just wants to trade for someone. I’m a little nervous about Ford

I don't think it's a panic move. I would prefer Houston due to cost and short term deal and I would prefer Flowers (only slight) but if Ford had actually hit the Market..he would have been the #1 pass rusher. 

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

Hope we don't overpay..but Ford looked absolutely legit last year. 

Yeah, wouldn't want to give up more than a third, but i have a feeling its an second. Really wanted our 1st and 2nd pick as building blocks this year, lots of talent will fall into the early second.

Wonder if Armstead, Solomon or Breida would be packaged with a 3rd rounder

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

Yeah, wouldn't want to give up more than a third, but i have a feeling its an second. Really wanted our 1st and 2nd pick as building blocks this year, lots of talent will fall into the early second.

If we deal the second and get back a 3rd or 4th it'd be a lot easier to stomach. But yeah..I don't think that second should be parted with lightly.. It's so close to the first that it's a great tradeup piece, besides just being an early pick. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I don't think it's a panic move. I would prefer Houston due to cost and short term deal and I would prefer Flowers (only slight) but if Ford had actually hit the Market..he would have been the #1 pass rusher. 

I definitely agree about the Houston signing, we should have definitely gone after him, or continue to, but now we are going to get rid of draft stock for a pass rusher which there are a lot of this year especially in the top 5. I just think we are wasting a pick especially sense rumors are they are asking for a 2nd and I know we having been talking about receivers in the 2nd. I don’t know. I guess we’ll see what we give up and of course the contract for him 

Archived